RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obviously a biased view has been missing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obviously a biased view has been missing.

A few years back there was a shootout in Canterbury, Mobay. After a while the police cornered the gunmen. Strangely enough, the police didn't go in with all guns blazing, taking the chance of shooting innocent people. They waited out the gunmen or should I say alledged gunmen until they surrendered.

Why such tactics cannot be used in this area? Everytime these activities happen, innocent people end up being killed. At this rate, how dem expect fi gain the trust of the people in the area?

Mi curious, any of the dead include the wanted men? If not, I do hope some of those detained include the wanted men. Chief Servant at his swearing in spoke about preserving the rights of all Jamaicans .... how does that come into play with the innocent that was killed?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

All mi can tell Mosiah is don't go back a Tivoli.
    If anything happen to him down deh him brethren them a go accuse him of being gunman or gunman supporter.

Not even fi drop him brethen down deh again, mek him walk.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You forgot to mention that the gunmen
      went to court and siad it wasn't them that did the shooting. They even wanted to sue. Please note that some were shot and killed; those that weren't got away in court.

One Colin Fergueson tried the above stunt in NY, alas he was in a different society.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        All mi can tell Mosiah is don't go back a Tivoli.
        If anything happen to him down deh him brethren them a go accuse him of being gunman or gunman supporter.

Not even fi drop him brethen down deh again, mek him walk.
        A wha duh yuh? All Mosiah affi duh is tell dem him name and dem tell him fi guh tru!
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
          You forgot to mention that the gunmen
          went to court and siad it wasn't them that did the shooting. They even wanted to sue. Please note that some were shot and killed; those that weren't got away in court.

One Colin Fergueson tried the above stunt in NY, alas he was in a different society.
          Why weren't they convicted? I guess since we cannot convict dem ... simply kill dem?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            A few years back there was a shootout in Canterbury, Mobay. After a while the police cornered the gunmen. Strangely enough, the police didn't go in with all guns blazing, taking the chance of shooting innocent people. They waited out the gunmen or should I say alledged gunmen until they surrendered.

Why such tactics cannot be used in this area? Everytime these activities happen, innocent people end up being killed. At this rate, how dem expect fi gain the trust of the people in the area?

Mi curious, any of the dead include the wanted men? If not, I do hope some of those detained include the wanted men. Chief Servant at his swearing in spoke about preserving the rights of all Jamaicans .... how does that come into play with the innocent that was killed?
            There are times the police can wait out the gunmen and there are times it cannot happen - dymanics of the situation; terrain; etc!

...I believe the police should always when possible take in the criminal(s) alive! ...but, that depends to a large extent on the behaviour of the criminal(s).

There is a reason for "armed and dangerous"...and, "dangerous because armed".
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

their lawyer stated that the ballistic
              tests came ou negative (no residue of gun powder on hands). The cops countered and said they who were returning fire also came up negative (but this fell on deaf ears, hence the terrorists were set free; who knows possibly some of those cops that died were in involved in that encounter)

Lazie you sit under the umbrella of an ordered society (where certain foolishness will not be condoned), yet you want to encourage JA to the point of no return. Criminals cannot have their way in a democratic society Lazie. Law abiding citizens will suffer immensely, hence hampering the progress of the nation. It seems you would be satisfied if Ja kept the company of say Somaila or Chad. yes?

Comment

Yes, I get safe passage all di while when I go to Tivoli.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                  their lawyer stated that the ballistic
                  tests came ou negative (no residue of gun powder on hands). The cops countered and said they who were returning fire also came up negative (but this fell on deaf ears, hence the terrorists were set free; who knows possibly some of those cops that died were in involved in that encounter)

Lazie you sit under the umbrella of an ordered society (where certain foolishness will not be condoned), yet you want to encourage JA to the point of no return. Criminals cannot have their way in a democratic society Lazie. Law abiding citizens will suffer immensely, hence hampering the progress of the nation. It seems you would be satisfied if Ja kept the company of say Somaila or Chad. yes?
                  Am I pushing for criminals to have their way? Get real Jawge .. if you fail to see my point ... its no surprise.

Comment

They waited out the gunmen or should I say alledged gunmen until they surrendered.

Wait out the gunman in TG?

You mean the gunman will wait out the police. TG is a different breed of place.

Comment

yes you are based on the
                      fact that you mentioned the Canterbury incident (this was anational disgrace).

Comment

Waiting out the gunmen may mean having the entire community starve. If it was just gunmen, then wait for them as they did in Waco.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                          Wait out the gunman in TG?

You mean the gunman will wait out the police. TG is a different breed of place.
                          oh ...thats why there is nothing wrong with a few collateral damage? Again, how many of the wanted men were killed?

Comment

oh ...thats why there is nothing wrong with a few collateral damage? Again, how many of the wanted men were killed?

You cannot outwait (out out) gunmen when the houses are extremely near to each other!

It means many avenues of escape...and, the security forces can only make presence felt when they (the security forces) are within range of fire from the gunmen.
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I don't know how many were killed. Didn't "brother Desmond" say the forces were professional in your place.

I don't know the situation under which they died. Could be a yute a run through the crossfire, could be an innocent get killed in cold blood, could be a mistake, could be a gunman a shoot at you and you defend yourself and also hit someone who him have close to him as a human shield.

What I know is that waiting them out in TG is not an option.

Comment

Working...
                              X