Bench warrant issued for JLP member

• Bench warrant issued for JLP member

A bench warrant has been issued for the arrest of defeated Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) candidate for North West St. Catherine, Dr. Sandra Nesbeth.

The warrant was issued after Dr. Nesbeth failed to show in the Linstead Resident Magistrate's court on Wednesday to answer to several criminal charges.

The warrant was issued by presiding Resident Magistrate Marsha Dunbar Green after the politician's name was called repeatedly.

Dr. Nesbeth, a physician, who operates an office in Linstead, was served a summons in the latter part of last year for tampering with a crime scene.

She was also cited for assault at common law, assaulting a police officer and obstructing the police in the lawful execution of their duty.

Dr. Nesbeth, who was also defeated in her bid to become councillor for the Linstead Division in last month's local government elections, was also charged for using abusive language.

The charges stem from a shooting incident on the night of November 17 last year.

It was reported then that 33-year-old Durrant Matterdene of East Street in Linstead was killed and another man injured when they were shot by men in a moving motorcar.

It was reported that Dr. Nesbeth allegedly arrived on the scene before the police and proceeded to gather spent shells from the scene.

When the police arrived and were told that she had them they asked her to hand them over.

The police say she refused and a struggle ensued during which the spent shells were forcibly taken from her hands.

In the wake of the shooting, the residents blocked the road claiming that the shots were fired from a police car.

A bench warrant has been issued for the arrest of defeated Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) candidate for North West St. Catherine, Dr. Sandra Nesbeth.

The warrant was issued after Dr. Nesbeth failed to show in the Linstead Resident Magistrate's court on Wednesday to answer to several criminal charges.

The warrant was issued by presiding Resident Magistrate Marsha Dunbar Green after the politician's name was called repeatedly.

Dr. Nesbeth, a physician, who operates an office in Linstead, was served a summons in the latter part of last year for tampering with a crime scene.

She was also cited for assault at common law, assaulting a police officer and obstructing the police in the lawful execution of their duty.

Dr. Nesbeth, who was also defeated in her bid to become councillor for the Linstead Division in last month's local government elections, was also charged for using abusive language.

The charges stem from a shooting incident on the night of November 17 last year.

It was reported then that 33-year-old Durrant Matterdene of East Street in Linstead was killed and another man injured when they were shot by men in a moving motorcar.

It was reported that Dr. Nesbeth allegedly arrived on the scene before the police and proceeded to gather spent shells from the scene.

When the police arrived and were told that she had them they asked her to hand them over.

The police say she refused and a struggle ensued during which the spent shells were forcibly taken from her hands.

In the wake of the shooting, the residents blocked the road claiming that the shots were fired from a police car.
    Corruption is rampant! ...and, if you believe that merely changing from PNP to JLP will change 'things'...then you obviously do not believe that in little Jamaica no act of corruption can occur without complicity of more than one and that we (Jamaicans) are not a mere 'one degree separation'!

Aaah Lazie, sorry I keep repeating myself...but, a suh teacher dem stay...dem repeat until...'it' sinks in! One degree of separation! &... Corruption is rampant!

Corruption is rampant! ...and, if you believe that merely changing from PNP to JLP will change 'things'...then you obviously do not believe that in little Jamaica not act of corruption can occur without complicity of more than one and that we (Jamaicans) are not a mere 'one degree separation'!

Aaah Lazie, sorry I keep repeating myself...but, a suh teacher dem stay...dem repeat until...'it' sinks in! One degree of separation! &... Corruption is rampant!
      You are such a comic. Lets get Mosiah's view on this.

Your Dr. Nesbeth was merely securing the evidence for 'honest cops'...right?

In what see would have deemed 'her right time' and under 'her appropriate conditions' she would turn up with 'her vetted evidence'?

Gwaaan Mr. J. L. P. Lazie! Pressa-lang, sirrrrrrrr!

Your Dr. Nesbeth was merely securing the evidence for 'honest cops'...right?

In what see would have deemed 'her right time' and under 'her appropriate conditions' she would turn up with 'her vetted evidence'?

Gwaaan Mr. J. L. P. Lazie! Pressa-lang, sirrrrrrrr!
          Mi say ... lets hear Mosiah's view on this. Mi nuh understand how him silent all of a sudden.

Karl, there is a saying that you cannot convince an ignorant man ... suh gwaan roll. Mersierh? Where are thou? Mek mi see how consistent yuh gonna be.

But Adams is yuh hero.

sigh

But Adams is yuh hero.

sigh
              Who a try colt di game? Who yuh referring to Mosiah?

HAHAHA! Mersierh - !

I have no idea what Karl is trying to say. The poor doctor's actions are worrisome, for me. Even if the police did the shooting, and I know they are not incapable of doing it, there are other ways you could attempt to prove that.

Nuh Karl mi a talk. Him a worry bout corruption but nuh have a problem with Adams. How dat fi go?

Mi say ... lets hear Mosiah's view on this. Mi nuh understand how him silent all of a sudden.

Karl, there is a saying that you cannot convince an ignorant man ... suh gwaan roll. Mersierh? Where are thou? Mek mi see how consistent yuh gonna be.

Frankly if it were not all about our country...your stance on backing each adn every silly JLP move would be big time joke! ...as it is...

Any way - 18 months! ...den wi talk. what is happening now well...I for one expected nothing better!

HAHAHA! Mersierh - !

I have no idea what Karl is trying to say. The poor doctor's actions are worrisome, for me. Even if the police did the shooting, and I know they are not incapable of doing it, there are other ways you could attempt to prove that.
                      ummm ... so you weren't aware of the incident? Pity ... Really wanted you to mek the others aware of the reality since you wouldn't be considered biased.

Frankly if it were not all about our country...your stance on backing each adn every silly JLP move would be big time joke! ...as it is...

Any way - 18 months! ...den wi talk. what is happening now well...I for one expected nothing better!
                        Yuh see what you want. You haven't seen where I disagreed with the new gov't thus far? Clearly you weren't paying attention ... then there is the issue of your lack of comprehension.

KArl ... the 4 months JLP gov't has proven they're much better at governing that Portia and her gang of poppyshows. Blind comrades like you will continue to deny it. As mi say .. gwaan roll.

Yuh see what you want. You haven't seen where I disagreed with the new gov't thus far? Clearly you weren't paying attention ... then there is the issue of your lack of comprehension.

KArl ... the 4 months JLP gov't has proven they're much better at governing that Portia and her gang of poppyshows. Blind comrades like you will continue to deny it. As mi say .. gwaan roll.
                          hehehehehe!
                          18 months, boss!

Really should not expect a different response from Mosiah, his concerns are sincere....and impartial.
                            Criminals are not too worry about leaving spent shells on a crime scene, or revolvers would be the choice of weapon, and without a weapon recovered, there may be more to her her ill-advised actions;her removing the spent shells subverts the very investigation she would like.
                            It boils down to what I heard a caller(on a radio discussion...)expressed years ago, if a citizen is murdered by a gunman, we turn to the police,..police is murdered..,we turn to the police, who do we turn to when a citizen is murdered by the police?
                            The problem for me is her not appearing in court.