RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice piece - Barack Obama: the great non-white hope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure? Check again!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
      LoL

I have a US visa...dats all.
      Yuh gwan - yuh can get more dan US visa - mek dat statement - you've got more Americanism that a VISA
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

I would have to include myself among the socalled "gullible", but the person who convinced me to give Bush and Co the benefit of the doubt was Colin Powell.

I am still torn as to wether he was part of the hoodwinking or if he was also hoodwinked himself.

As for Hilary, I think her vote was for the war was driven by the political support for the war at the time, rather than anything she did or did not know.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Its all over the internet so it must be true.

After all, its all over the internet that Obama went to a Wahabbi muslim school, and that he took his Senators oath on the Koran and not the bible.

The scary thing about the internet/email is that people don't think twice about forwarding on this kind of thing without doing even the slightest bit of research. Not saying you do this Willi , but it certainly happens more often than not once it is a juicy story.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
            Its all over the internet so it must be true.

After all, its all over the internet that Obama went to a Wahabbi muslim school, and that he took his Senators oath on the Koran and not the bible.

The scary thing about the internet/email is that people don't think twice about forwarding on this kind of thing without doing even the slightest bit of research.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

i think so too.....

it therefore makes those persons who opposed seem as if they are more independent minded (even those who were blindly following others) and more analytical.

i mean bush liked iraq and saddam to 9/11...c'mon!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Well, that was more a manipulation game than anything else. What he, or his speechwriters, would so was mention Saddam and 9-11 in the same sentence over and over again until people associated them without him actually saying that 9-11 was caused by Saddam.

For me though, it was more the "evidence" (obviously fabricated) that Powell presented to the UN. While fully understanding that the neo-cons had thier hidden agenda, I felt that IF he really had them and refused to let anyone inspect them, then he was worth going after.

I still don't understand why Saddam refused to let the UN inspectors in unless he had such a big ego that he thought he didn't have to and could overcome the invasion. I know absolute power tends to do that to people after a while.

Comment

Working...
                X