RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNP says constitutional crisis could arise from ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNP says constitutional crisis could arise from ...

PNP says constitutional crisis could arise from PSC controversy

The Parliamentary Opposition is warning of a possible constitutional crisis arising from the Government's decision to appoint new members to the Public Services Commission, (PSC).

The warning comes as the People's National Party, (PNP), vows not to back down from its legal challenge of the Prime Minister's dismissal of the members of the last Commission.

On Tuesday, King's House announced a fresh slate of Commission members despite an appeal from Opposition Leader Portia Simpson-Miller.

She had asked for the appointments to be put on hold pending Thursday's court hearing of an application seeking a review of the dismissal of the members of the last PSC.

Deputy General Secretary of the PNP, Linton Walters, said the Bruce Golding administration could find itself in a constitutional bind if the court quashes the selection of the new members.

He said if this happens, the Prime Minister and the Governor General would have to determine which PSC should sit, the last one or the newly appointed Commission.

The Government and Opposition have been at odds since late last year, when Prime Minister Golding advised the Governor General to dismiss the members of the Commission.

Mr. Golding accused them of gross misconduct.

But the Opposition rejected this claim and went to court seeking a review of the decision.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

them a push a dead issue.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      them a push a dead issue.
      Are they? I don't think so.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

yes Lazie the man have a right fi get rid a them if him nuh want them. Granted it may not be in good spirit and it can be political but all he did was excerise his rights.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          yes Lazie the man have a right fi get rid a them if him nuh want them. Granted it may not be in good spirit and it can be political but all he did was excerise his rights.
          I'm not disputing that ... you claimed they're pushing a dead issue. I don't think it is.

Comment

whether it dead or alive dem pushing it......

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
            X