on the issue of vaz and sworn allegiance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on the issue of vaz and sworn allegiance

since i dont know all the facts, from what i know, vaz has said that he got his passport from his mother an american citizen...

if a person is born outside of the usa to an american citizen, that person is considered a us citizen by birth...

in vaz's case, it would then appear to make the passport issue moot because vaz would have a natural and assumed inherent allegiance (as any other citizen born in a country) to the usa... his holding and routine utilization of a us passport only serves to affirm this allegiance...

being a dual citizen is not illegal in either the usa or jamaica... therefore, vaz is not doing anything illegal...

however, the constitution of jamaica prohibits allegiance of members of parliament to any country other than jamaica... it appears vaz is in violation of the constitution guidelines and should be disqualified...

how the courts deal with the election result is a separate matter...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
    since i dont know all the facts, from what i know, vaz has said that he got his passport from his mother an american citizen...

if a person is born outside of the usa to an american citizen, that person is considered a us citizen by birth...

in vaz's case, it would then appear to make the passport issue moot because vaz would have a natural and assumed inherent allegiance (as any other citizen born in a country) to the usa... his holding and routine utilization of a us passport only serves to affirm this allegiance...

being a dual citizen is not illegal in either the usa or jamaica... therefore, vaz is not doing anything illegal...

however, the constitution of jamaica prohibits allegiance of members of parliament to any country other than jamaica... it appears vaz is in violation of the constitution guidelines and should be disqualified...

how the courts deal with the election result is a separate matter...
    So, it appears we both heard the same thing. I guess you won't be accused of spinning. Here is what the constitution says ..

"(2) No person shall be qualified to be appointed as a Senator or elected as a member of the House of Representatives who- is, by virtue of his own act, under any acknowledgment of allegiance, obedience or adherence to a foreign Power or State;"

.. and no this is no spin nor being political.

Mek mi provide the link, in case there is another version. http://pdba.georgetown.edu/Constitut...ica/jam62.html
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      "(2) No person shall be qualified to be appointed as a Senator or elected as a member of the House of Representatives who- is, by virtue of his own act, under any acknowledgment of allegiance, obedience or adherence to a foreign Power or State;"
      therefore, vaz is not qualified... virtue of his own act, under any acknowledgment of allegiance...

seems to me vaz is sufficiently intelligent to know that by virtue of holding and routinely using the usa passport, he is acknowledging being a citizen of the usa and all that comes with being a citizen of the usa, including and not limited to allegiance to the usa...

not politics, just facts... wouldnt matter if he was pnp of from mars...

Comment

and to further show his disdain for the Jamaican laws this moron then used his US passport to travel even while the case was before the court
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

and while being a Jamaican MP!

If that isn't brazen and rude!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

worse than that... disrespectful to the people who are real jamaican citizens...

i can just imagine him coming through the airport and going through the section for visitors... how can a visitor represent the people... this guy should just tek weh himself...

Comment

assumed inherent allegiance ????

What is that ?

LOL !! WHOEEIEE !

Comment

Are you serious ???

If I am born in the USA have I acknowledged any allegiance to the USA ?

How do I travel without a passport ?

How does acquiring a passport acknowledge ALLEGIANCE ?

LOL !! WHOOEEEII !!

Comment

LOL !!!!

WHOEEEEIII !!

Mi not even sarry fi unnuh !

JLP Victory tunning big man inna fool to rhatid !

Comment

It's like assumed inherent intelligence for Vaz.

What is that ?

LOL !! WHOEEIEE !

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Is Vaz willing to give up his US citizenship?
                      If not, why?
                      Didn't Seaga...., and wasn't he born in Merika?

Blessed

Comment

that really is the question isn't it?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

True, and it isn't even being considered.

Blessed

Comment

Working...
                          X