Lazie how long yuh deh a US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazie how long yuh deh a US?

Just curious sah. Many Jamaicans live in the USA for decades and never go to that final step to become a US Citizen. Non-citizens are shut out of federal jobs & other benefits, and can not vote.

Many Jamaican complain about the system in the USA, but refuse to participate and get themselves involved in having an impact on the political process.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Lazie is a proud citizen of the USA. Good question, di way him nuff up inna Jamaica bizniz.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
      Just curious sah. Many Jamaicans live in the USA for decades and never go to that final step to become a US Citizen. Non-citizens are shut out of federal jobs & other benefits, and can not vote.

Many Jamaican complain about the system in the USA, but refuse to participate and get themselves involved in having an impact on the political process.
      Been living here since 1999. Whenever I go to a townhall meeting and question how the taxes I pay are being spent ... as a voter yuh think dem can just scoff at me?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        Lazie is a proud citizen of the USA. Good question, di way him nuff up inna Jamaica bizniz.
        You may enjoy being the laughing stock of the Caribbean.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Yes Iyah, di food not
          even tek set inna yuh system good an yuh ah citizen.

Yet mi who deh ah good time before yuh, say I love the USA, unnuh waan crucify mi. Why do you want to be a citizen of a place that you don't like?
          This question is not for you alone Judas oops no Ingrate.

Jah no dead and he is with me; things a reveal. At one point I thought (HL aside heehee how yuh do boss) was the only US citizen here. I was going to ask the embassy to allow me to work for free (just for a day) at JFK to sort some things out LOL . It's now sorted out though.

Song: I feel good, good, I feel good wonderful good...........

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
            Yes Iyah, di food not
            even tek set inna yuh system good an yuh ah citizen.

Yet mi who deh ah good time before yuh, say I love the USA, unnuh waan crucify mi. Why do you want to be a citizen of a place that you don't like?
            This question is not for you alone Judas oops no Ingrate.

Jah no dead and he is with me; things a reveal. At one point I thought (HL aside heehee how yuh do boss) was the only US citizen here. I was going to ask the embassy to allow me to work for free (just for a day) at JFK to sort some things out LOL . It's now sorted out though.

Song: I feel good, good, I feel good wonderful good...........
            mi convinced yuh suffer from A.D.D.
            Last edited by Lazie; January 5, 2008, 11:53 AM.

Comment

There is no SUCH THING.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                Been living here since 1999. Whenever I go to a townhall meeting and question how the taxes I pay are being spent ... as a voter yuh think dem can just scoff at me?
                We pay too much taxes to not have an input in the political process. If I were you, I would contact your councilman or local town rep, and voice your opinion. The next time he/she a run for election, send a $20 to their campaign, so yuh name is on the books as a contributor.

We need to put demands on these elected officials at the local level, and hold dem accountable. The Jamaican/Caribbean community in the US would be more stronger, and have a greater impact if more of us got involved in the political process, and exert influence on these people who are spending our tax dollars.
                Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Just because you said it?? I doubt that very much.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                  X