• Michael Hylton steps down from FSC chairmanship

Friday, 04 January 2008

For the second time in three months the government is looking to replace a recently appointed head of a state agency.

The RJR News Centre has confirmed that former Solicitor General Michael Hylton has quit as the Chairman of the Board of the Financial Services Commission.

Mr. Hylton was appointed by Finance Minister Audley Shaw after the Jamaica Labour Party was elected to form the government.

But three months into the job he has written to Mr. Shaw indicating he cannot remain because of policy differences.

However, no details of the differences have been released.

Efforts to contact Mr. Hylton were unsuccessful as he is reportedly off the island.

Our News Centre also tried to contact Mr. Shaw but was told he was out of office.

Calls to his cellular telephones were unanswered.

Damn!!!!!

Gamma, imagine if you had to answer to someone who was studying fi dem CAPE!

Strange, you appoint someone that doesn't have confidence in your policy, insomuch that the person quits soon thereafter.Was the appointment wrong or is it the policy? One thing is sure, Shaw doesn't look too smart.

Is man ah yaad yuh
          talking bout so boss? I told my sister (who came to the states since 14 years of age) that brucie is called Drivah and audley man ah yaad . I have to tell her about jakan politics because she has no clue. Found it funny Man ah yaad, I like that name. Wha happen audley yuh nuh too sure bout yuhself?

Is man ah yaad yuh
            talking bout so boss? I told my sister (who came to the states since 14 years of age) that brucie is called Drivah and audley man ah yaad . I have to tell her about jakan politics because she has no clue. Found it funny Man ah yaad, I like that name. Wha happen audley yuh nuh too sure bout yuhself?
            "I have to tell her about jakan politics because she has no clue"

Talk bout blind leading the blind. Hope yuh didn't mislead her bout gas price in Jamaica.

Did you tell her the opposition leader was Nanny P?