Jawge, you will not get...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jawge, you will not get...

extra ratings (from me)because of how many Garvey books you read, it is what you've gained from the readings.
    Also you lose points when you misinterpret or belie the sentiments of the great man's words.

What is the relevance of ,"To be able to read intelligently..." in the quotation from Garvey?

So we do not waste time, I like to reiterate what gamma said, we are not talking about replacing the English Language...
    What do you know about Pan -africanist Garvey, and from that what you believe would be his stance on the formal teaching of patwah?

Blessed

We have a bigger problem.

We have raised generations that don't even respect themselves as PEOPLE much less Black People.

Patwah is the least.

Comment

rocky I'm assuming you did some
      research over the weekend and you are now well prepared to tackle the
      subject at hand. Yes?

Comment

Absolutely,now to the matter at hand, over to you, Jawge

Blessed

Comment

Did the "little blue book" hint
          help you?

Comment

Unless you convince me by using FACTS in support of your arguments, what HELPED me is the unbelievable stance you(great scholar of Garvey)took on this crucial issue.
            Not in the tic for tac thingy, please make your argument?
            BTW, say hi to & for me, please.

Blessed

Comment

To be able to read intelligently, you must first be able to master the language of your country. To do this, you must be well acquainted with its grammar and the science of it. Every six months you should read over again the science of the language that you speak, so as not to forget its rules. People judge you by your writing and your speech. If you write badly and incorrectly they become prejudiced toward your intelligence, and if you speak badly and incorrectly those who hear you become disgusted and will not pay much attention to you but in their hearts laugh after you. A leader who is to teach men and present any fact of truth to man must first be learned in his subject.

Rocky I think the line in red says it all. What do you think?

Comment

so sad.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

If you do not have a command over the English language to begin with, it will show whether or not you use patois. Do not balme patwha for their shortfalls.
                  Also, I am sure the same can be said about Chinese, Spanish etc, if you do not speak it correctly you may be laughed at by others.Think sign language for the deaf.
                  As important as speaking correctly is, it is not as vital as what one is trying to convey through their speech.

Blessed

Comment

So you are saying you disagree with Garvey here. Yes?

Comment

It has to be because I write badl(ly), why you haven't a clue what I am saying.
                      What I disagree... is yous (mis)interpretation of the quotation and the fallacies that result.

Blessed

Comment

It may be that I in my limited
                        capacity is missing something here: Rocky can it be that there is no bad language or improper grammar (maybe this is what I'm failing to see)? Thanks.

Comment

Rocky, there is this movie called the
                          Galdiator (starring Russell Crowe). The first part is isntructive: when the Germanic hordes assembled against the discplined Roman army (which already had them flanked with Cavalry), the Consul made a comment (people should know.........) anyway carry on.

Comment

Working...
                          X