The issue of good policing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The issue of good policing

In 2005 when I visit Jamaica I noticed a big difference on a relative living in the ghetto and a friend living in St.Mary. Both had on their frig contact number for King Fish. These people didn't even know their local police number. I was curious and I asked my friend why and she told me "them a do a good job" and continued that them nuh ramp. The fact is they get an answer from King Fish and is not the usual kinda response from the local station and the don't hear that they dont have any car available.

Kingfish is not seen as partial and they have never lost a case in the courts as they say they do the background work. Now why can't the rest of the force be as professional and get the same trust from the people of Jamaica.

Only then and only then will the real crime fighting start. People have trust in a professional force and believe they are really about fighting criminals and are not interested in making innocent people criminals.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Not only do people distrust the local police, but other police officers nuh trust the local cops as well. The country needs to be serious about cleaning up the JCF, since many cops lack credibility and are perceived to be dishonest.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
    X