• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wha wrong with them girls yah?

Women At War - More deejays lash out at D'Angel

Teino Evans, Staff Reporter

D'Angel
    A few female artistes have taken D'angel to task for responding to the 'diss' [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]songs[/COLOR][/COLOR] recorded against her.
    The women were angered by a statement D'Angel made saying: "My advice to Dave Kelly's ex-artiste, the brown gal and the fat one, is to try and get some hits."
    D'Angel was quoted in an article published in THE STAR on Wednesday. Though it is unclear to whom D'Angel was making reference, the women have taken offence to the statement.
    The first female to retaliate was Spice, who warned D'Angel: "When yuh si fire a blaze, try fi out it, nuh push yuh finger inna it, or else yuh wi get burn!"
    "A wah do Beenie Man wife? I feel so sorry for you, honestly I do. I feel your pain, see your tears and I can hear you screaming. And if I was as heart broken as you and in your [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]shoes[/COLOR][/COLOR], I would probably be blabbing too. But reality is, I have never been dropped like a hot bread, so I really don't know what you are going through," Spice said.
    She continued: "let me at least try to enlighten your understanding, 'cause you still seem to be living in shock, or simply just in denial. When you hear an artiste singing songs, don't think they are the only one saying what they are singing, they just have the opportunity to express words through music. So, for your information, even though I'm not the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]writer[/COLOR][/COLOR] for the song that has offended you, those words are coming from the streets."
    According to Spice, if D'Angel did not have anything to sing about, then she was more than willing to offer some ideas.
    Questions

(L - R )Spice, Miss Diva
    "What you are supposed to be talking about, you are not talking about it. Your husband is the one who spilled the bucket on you. Why don't you tell us about the man in New York, tell us why your husband had to do a [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]DNA[/COLOR][/COLOR] (test)? Tell us why he took back the ring?"
    Ms. Ting, who was a protégée of Beenie Man early in her career, also got in on the brawl.
    She called The STAR, claiming that D'Angel's statement was directed at her.
    "Everybody know that I use to work with Dave Kelly, an' if is me dat long, dry up [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]giraffe[/COLOR][/COLOR] gl a talk bout, she betta nuh bodda wid me an guh deal wid har paternity problems."
    The issue of paternity stems from the request Beenie Man made in court to have the paternity of their son, Marco-Dean, verified. Sources close to the estranged couple claim the result confirmed that the child is Beenie's.
    "She need fi guh tek on Spice and Danielle. If she want me to be added to the list of females taking her on, I can be added, because mi nuh si dis gyal," Ms. Thing firmly stated.
    "She need fi guh think bout Barbee wey tek wey Beenie Man from ar, because a nuh me tell Barbee fi use ar 'Paddy Cake' tek wey Beenie from ar. If a war she want, mi nah back," Ms. Thing warned.
    It is widely believed that Beenie's [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]relationship[/COLOR][/COLOR] with upcoming artiste Barbee is partially responsible for the breakdown of the marriage after photos published in The Gleaner and The STAR showed Beenie and her cuddling. Barbee has however denied an affair with Beenie Man.
    Danielle, who also recorded a diss song against D'Angel, also responded to D'Angel's comment.
    "If the song that I did does not affect her, then why comment on it, it's done already so build a bridge and get over it," she said.
    In addressing specific issues that D'Angel outlined, Danielle said, "in regards to women sticking together, Angel should have nothing to say, because when I had the hit song with Beenie Man (Brown Girl In [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]The [COLOR=blue! important]Ring[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]), she was the one who did not want me around Beenie Man and my relationship with him was strictly professional."
    "And there is nothing that I could badmind her for, because her life is a public disgrace and no one could want that on themself. So there's nothing that she possess that I could possibly envy her for."
    The long list of female artistes wanting to hit back at D'Angel also include Ms. Diva, who also did a song that mentioned D'Angel.
    In her song, entitled Weak Fence, Ms. Diva said, 'everybody done know Angel she a weak fence, she have many, many men like she name [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]50 [COLOR=blue! important]Cent[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] and so, dirty laundry inna public it nuh decent, but why some gyal afta three years a ball decent.'
    However, despite this mention of D'Angel in her song, Ms. Diva commented, "What I said about her is no different than what everybody else was saying about her."
    "The song was aimed at Danielle" who was picking on D'angel. She claims that Danielle is doing this because D'Angel is seen as a 'weak fence' and that is what her song is about.
    When contacted, however, D'Angel declined to make any further comments on the matter.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.
Working...
X