PM raps the PNP for poor fiscal management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM raps the PNP for poor fiscal management

Prime Minister Bruce Golding has blasted the previous administration over its fiscal management practices.

In parliament on Tuesday, Mr. Golding lambasted former Minister of Finance Omar Davies, declaring that his administration inherited an economy in persistent fiscal tension.

"The truth of the matter is that the fiscal management of this country has been in due trouble for a long time. We had to deal Mr. Speaker with the issue of external turbulence, they've attempted to sort of brush it aside," said Mr. Golding.

"That government never had to deal with US$100 per barrel oil. They have never had to deal with the kind of commodity price aggression that we have had to contend with. Now there is no way you can achieve a seven per cent inflation when you're running one per cent or 0.8 per cent or 1.3 per cent, the pressure started from before,"

"There was no acknowledgement that we were overshooting our inflation target even before the 3rd of September. Now all of that is because you had a government that didn't know how to manage," he continued.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

bruce falling into the trap......i hope him don't mek dem sidetrack him...because that i what i read into the "worst nightmare" comment, which by the way was very prime ministerial.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Can Orett just DO and shut the fock up!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Ah Bruce come on and
        stop the semantics. Alas if you are serious then you are lost on the concept of ratio:

"That government never had to deal with US$100 per barrel oil. They have never had to deal with the kind of commodity price aggression that we have had to contend with. Now there is no way you can achieve a seven per cent inflation when you're running one per cent or 0.8 per cent or 1.3 per cent, the pressure started from before,".

You said you were aware of the economic ills and you were here to fix them. If you can't; just let the people know and stop with the blame game (useless at this point).

Comment

if you say so because it's better than
          declaring "war" on a govt.

Comment

thanks for the distinction without a difference.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Can Orett just DO and shut the fock up!?
              hehehe .... there's a line in a movie, "A Few Good Men" that I like .... "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!"

This minute people complain that him not mekking the people know whats going on ... when him mek it know another set vex.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

must be the
                new language. let me try: the round table top which is circular. wasn't hard I guess.

Comment

Mosiah, why dont you make your point without the bad language? Remember you are the leader here.
                  "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

must be.....i see them flying half man half horse...but they have nowhere to land!

hanging up now.

Comment

So wait the PNP must call the man government failure without him even responding?

Them stand up and have big press conference and expect the man nuh fi say nothing?

Trap or no trap set the record straight.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

When do you plan to get serious ?

Comment

trap in terms of a distraction. the best answer to that is to show works. this tit for tat thing can become time consuming....

Comment

True but the hypocracy of the PNP is telling. How can they in 100 day be talking about worst government and failure? If somebody say you don't know what you are doing, you are going to respond.

The fact is they are saying how crime is going out of control, the $$$$ and inflation etc. and they know how it was.

If the PNP know good they need to ackowledge some of the challenges and then criticise Bruce etc. on his failures and they will be seen as responsible but when them a cus Bruce for not solving their problem people will see it for waht it is.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                            X