X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman gropes Santa Claus

Woman accused of groping mall Santa

Email|Print| Text size – + December 18, 2007
    DANBURY, Conn.—A Danbury woman was charged with sexual assault after allegedly groping Santa Claus at the Danbury Fair mall.
    more stories like this

Sandrama Lamy, 33, faces fourth-degree sexual assault and breach of peace charges.
    Danbury police were called to the mall over the weekend. The mall Santa told them Lamy had touched him inappropriately while sitting on his lap.
    "The security officer at the mall said Santa Claus has been sexually assaulted," Danbury Detective Lt. Thomas Michael said.
    Capt. Bob Myles said police were able to quickly find and identify Lamy because she was on crutches.
    She has been released on a promise to appear in court on Jan. 3.
    A message seeking comment was left on Lamy's answering machine Tuesday morning. A woman at that number called back to say "It's a false report and I don't have any idea."
    Police are not releasing the name of the man playing Santa, but they said he is 65 and felt badly because children were waiting to see him.
    "He was apparently shocked and embarrassed by the whole incident," Myles said.
    "Santa Tim" Connaghan, president of RealSantas.com, teaches hundreds of prospective Santas a year and said he's never heard of a similar incident, though it's not unusual for adults to want to pose with Santa.
    "I've had some very nice ladies sit on my lap," Connaghan said. "Once in a while they'll say 'I hope Mrs. Claus isn't going to be upset.' You have to be discreet and kind and say 'Oh no, she'll be OK. You can sit here, but only for one photo.'"
    A spokeswoman for Cherry Hill Photo, the company that coordinates the Santas for the Danbury mall, declined comment Tuesday.
    ------
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

"I've had some very nice ladies sit on my lap,"

So have drunken sailors, it is unbecoming(so I have been told).
    Too bad Santa, her jolly wish wish came through.

Blessed

Comment

at least that Santa never get this

SPOKANE, Washington (AP) -- A man dressed as Santa Claus was knocked unconscious by a thrown object that hit his face while he was riding on the back of a truck decorated as a sleigh.
      Kevin Smith was riding on a sleigh-themed truck as Santa when something hit him in the face and knocked him out.

Kevin Smith says he never saw what hit him Saturday. Whatever it was, it broke his nose and gave him a concussion and two black eyes.
      "One second I was up there waving to people, and the next minute I wasn't," Smith said.
      He was taking part in Santa Run, sponsored by the firefighters union, which features off-duty firefighters who dress up as Santa and ride through residential areas handing out candy to children.
      Other volunteers realized something was wrong after they hadn't heard from Smith for a few minutes. They stopped the truck and found him lying unconscious.
      "It pretty much cold-cocked him," fire Lt. Scott Himelspach said.
      Smith awoke in the back of the sleigh.
      Don't Miss

"They thought I'd spilled my hot chocolate, but then they realized it was blood," Smith said. "The rest of the night was kind of hazy."
      Smith, a firefighter for eight years, said he hoped to return to work on Christmas Day.
      Assistant Fire Chief Brian Schaeffer said an assault report was filed with police but that no witnesses have come forward.E-mail to a friend
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
      X