Bricky you see man whe serious bout them TAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bricky you see man whe serious bout them TAX

Jamaican band forced to extend stay in Guyana Tuesday, 18 December 2007 A group of Jamaican musicians is being forced to spend an additional night in Guyana, after being denied permission to leave that country.

The band, Tantrum, had travelled to the South American country to provide backing for international reggae star Shaggy, who performed on Sunday.

But Tuesday morning when the eight member band went to the airport, they were told that they could not leave the island, because the promoter of the show had outstanding entertainment taxes.

Spokesman for the Band, Shawn Darson, told RJR News Centre that the information was relayed to them by an immigration official after they had checked in.

The band members say Shaggy left Guyana on Monday for engagements in Miami.

The promoter later intervened, and the band was cleared to leave, but by then, their Caribbean Airlines flight to Barbados had already departed.

The band was then booked on a flight to Barbados for Wednesday, but remains uncertain about when they will return on to Kingston, as all Air Jamaica flights out of Barbados Wednesday are fully booked.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Suh why hold the band hostage if its the promoter that owed the taxes?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

ask them but the man dem want them money.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Why them never demand that the outstanding taxes be paid b4 the show could commence
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
        X