• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neigh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well maybe you mo, but recent
      studies has shown that studying Latin does not help with the
      grasp of English. Get with the times this is the info age;advocate for ja to write their own computer language (if not might as well you hang up).

Comment

Good for you but please read
        over my post as it relates to the info age and a computer language. Thanks.

Comment

Why learn patois, why formalize it patois??? - For the same reason we need to preserve the music of Bob Marley, mento, Gerreh, Dinki-mini, 'Nancy Story, the Poems of Miss Lou, history of Nanny, Sam Sharpe, Paul Bogle etc.

I do not know if there is any other group of people such as the negro so loathing of himself that he seeks to cover every trace of his existence with a camouflage made of fabric woven by his enemy's .

Comment

does latin help with italian? romanian?

english grammar is rather unique in any event.....not only that it has so many exceptions.

it was in my studies of german i was able to properly grasp the concept of the dative, imperative, genetive tenses. because in englis it is always his book but in german it can be der, das dem or even die buch.

come een willi...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

hang this up, jawge!

Yuh talking crap now! Produce those "studies which show that studying Latin does not help with the grasp of English".

Thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Seuss, you answered your own question;
                the list you made above will in essence preserve patios. Suess I know you have good understanding of computers (especially the operating system): Do you think it would be a good idea for JA to write its own computer language? Thanks.

Comment

ah bwoy.....same way man quick fi dismiss di land of him birth.....anyway mek i tek whey miself. there is nothing to be gained here....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Jawge, yuh coulda computer language likkle more. Real language, the one people talk every day, ain't going no where!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

as I said you are hundred years late. right now
                      yuh better off grasping a scripting language such as perl or knowing C++.

Trust me on that.

Comment

Crap! Pon Toppa Crap!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh juss come or yuh
                          was following di thread dem?

Comment

Nuh worry ten years from now,
                            yuh wi come roun (yuh professor up ah geneva to)

Comment

Who dimiss di land of dem birth? Yuh
                              waan mi live whey police ah get killed evreyday over a place where police is respected? Yuh can go live inna dat, nuh mi.

Comment

we are capable of anything we set our mind to. Actually given the formality and precision of computer languages, it would be no great feat to create a new language. In many US computer science programs you were often required to create a language and write and interperter or copile to prcess sadi language. And I am quite sure that has been done at UTech and UWI several times over.

However given the transience of our dialect and the reluctance of some in our society to recongise at an import and pertinent part of our heritage formalising patios maybe far more difficult than say creating JAMTRAN or J++ (hehehe cannot hide the geek in me) .

And even if we did create one we would be in one heck of task to compete in today's open source mind set ... where languages like Java , Php etc dominate and are free. Heck even microsoft has given up that fight.

BTW I need you to clarify. Regarding the orginal 'thesis' - is it the message or the messenger that you took issue with?

Comment

Working...
                                X