Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mind of the Jakan slave:

Yesterday I was ridiculed by some "educated" negroes because I
    did not side with their argument that patois should be taught in schools. They said I would send Garvey to jail, had I lived in his time and other meaningless arguments.

The point is this: what if it was Nanny P who said patois should be taught in schools? These same "educated negroes" would shout "oh she wants patois to mask her deficienies". "Portia is an idiot, see why she nuh ready fi PM" Lo and behold it's not Portia who said, so even though it's bull&h!t
    they go along with it. Why does the mind of the negro work this way? They cannot even come to grips and say go write another theisis, but they jump wholeheartedly in support.

a only negro one stay so bass?

Mi si the Jews them a come out in numbers fi support the candidate that them Rabbi say fi support. Them come inna them numbers.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Thesis

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That's exactly my point. Why
        fight with another language when we can't handle one that's been formalised for over three hundred years.

Comment

au contraire mon frere irrespective of WHO proposed it, it has been something that i have been cavassing for for many years nanny p or no nanny...we need to embrace patois and formalise it so that it can be taught along side english.

unlike for you and karl, for me the messenger is unimportant...the message is what counts. suh yuh can gwa'an wid yuh fanciful machinations.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

why invent another form of music? i mean to say.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Waste of time: This is the info age,
              why don't you and your professor (behind her tenured walls) encourage jakans to write their own computer language? I would be the first to go to Bruce and advocate that this new language be taught from primary school upwards (it's ours).

Technology is at the point where language will be irrelevant (you speak yours and the other party hear it in their own language) case in point: the cell phone is really a two way radio; it's the software that does the emulation to render it as regular telephone. I think both you and the professor is about two hundred years late.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post

unlike karl, for me the messenger is unimportant...the message is what counts. suh yuh can gwa'an wid yuh fanciful machinations.
                Nuh tell lie pan yuhself!

...an nuh bad-dah get bex?
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Not following you; please be
                  more explicit. Thanks.

Comment

Yuh notice say mi juss
                    ignore di foolishness. Yuh haff time.

Comment

wait...karl i think you have a point....e.g. omar davies.....mi nuh want to hear no criticism for a while because of the damage him creat so yes...yuh right.

mea culpa.

Comment

why couldn't that be done as well? who is arguing against that?

btw karl did have a point see above.

Comment

Nonsense! My study of Spanish has helped me tremendously in my understanding of the English language. Any language teacher will tell you the very same thing!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

read again and you will see
                            where the language thing is becoming irrelevant.

Comment

my studdies of german grammar helped me also with english grammar.

out of curiosity, half man half horse do you speak another language other than english?

Comment

Working...
                              X