RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNP calls JLP government a miserable failure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
    so far.....want to bet that there is more of the same elsewhere?
    ...all I am saying is - recognise the unemployment and underemployment and the problems associted with same...and, take best measures available to alleviate same...even as you improve proformance and increase benefits to families and the country!

Remember when you push in one area...bulges appear in another! This is the real world...not a classroom with a nice glossy book fairyland. This is our Jamaica reality we are dealing with.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
      karl... please... dont allow yourself to get carried away to the point where you lose your ability to make sensible decisions...

hell yeah, you go on a wholesale firing... there is no other choice, if the aim is to achieve improvement and success...

notwithstanding some careless faux pas and an inability to meet many of the stated objectives for the first 100 days, albeit the early stages of governance, not everything the new govt have attempted is bad...

to suggest that it is wrong to terminate many unproductive employees in the effort eliminate waste and corruption is callously irresponsible...

it would be considered gross incompetence of any manager / leader, if they would allow a nation's unemployment numbers to influence their decison to keep 'workers' who are not positively contributing to the objectives of the organization... for every person let go there are at a minimum 10 replacements... if those employees valued and respected their livelihood, they would produce and recognize that their efforts contribute to the bottom line...

to eliminate corruption and create efficiencies within organizations, you've got to start somewhere and most times it means ridding the oganization of dead weight personnel with acquired bad habits and the hiring of new people with attitudes that are in keeping the organization's strategic objectives...

as lazie would say, keep it real... those bad eggs are like cancer, you've got to tek dem out... if dem want to spread mek dem spread elsewhere and become somebody else's problem or dem heal demself and commit to being productive...

baddaz: How can I disagree with you! You have said, some of what I am advocating in a much more sophisticated manner! - e.g.
      ...ridding the oganization of dead weight personnel with acquired bad habits and the hiring of new people with attitudes that are in keeping the organization's strategic objectives...
      My brutal way of saying the same thing refered to
      That means those who were not working and drawing a salary you get working! If you have to make example of a few - you make sure you replace...that is if 10 where working there...you still have ten working who become more productive...or, transfered into areas where needed. - You do not slash and burn those employment numbers!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
        you retrain... i wonder if karl realize de enviroment and de personnel weh him talk bout... retrain... mi just affi shake mi head... him mussi miss out pon a 's'... wonda if him mean restrain... cause him not mekking nuh sense yasso...
        Baddaz: I have said this in terms of football...and, in discussing our education system and expectations there...and, in speaking on workers in the civil service, quasi-government services and private sector...I am from the school where the thinking is there no human...unless im get lick innah him ead...who cannot be re-trained. All humans can learn...well...new 'things'! It is merely a matter of motivating for same!

Do you remember me saying the above 'over and over and....? Contrary to what Gamma tried to give the impression on my being inconsistent...I most often consistent! This is a postion I have taken on us humans from at least the early 1960s when I was in upper school!

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
          I am not much for politics but the PNP should not be heard from at this point. They have destroyed Daddy Manley's party..
          100% with you that the party needs to 'wheel and come again'!

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            amen breddah...some a dem is all taking and no giving!

Bang on!
            ... both TDowl & you!

Comment

WOW !

Really.. put together a thesis and send off to the Govt immediately.

This is groundbreaking stuff you are revealing here !

If you need any assistance in getting it to the right people, let me know because mi nuh suh sure bout Bruce intelligence.. If it was Portia mi would feel more comfortable.. she appears to have an excellent grasp of the issues while Bruce look like him not too up to speed...

Push in one area.. Bulges appear in another.. wow.. that is deep..

Comment

Define Employment...

Comment

collecting a paycheck! duh?!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                  X