RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exploring the unique Jamaican creole - MdmeX, good read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuh si, if dem did 'ave a GCE O'level patwah mi wudden a struggle wid mi own language now. Instead, it was 'Mother,
    empahtic pause
    I received a passing grade in Oridary Level English examination. (Wah gwaan Maudib?!?!?)

Comment

Okay that's it I'm hanging up.

Comment

I want to see a budget approved to teach Patois in schools.

Mi haffi si dat wid mi owna eyes.. den mi woulda marvel..

Don Quixote would not begin to describe....

Comment

Yuh ah talk bout respect in our curriculum..

Yuh unnastan di results being released.. yuh unnastan seh wi in a crisis.. and people a talk about esoterics..

Wi nuh unnastan wiself.. I wonder how long we will survive in 'The World According to Yard'... at some point in time we will be so far behind that we will become utterley irrelevant.

Comment

And the scratching and clawing for 'identity' continues....

Pity we cannot eat 'identity'...

One is not simply granted respect.. it is earned and we cannot define the means of measurement.. that system of measurement has already been decided.

Comment

Do you think before you post?

Comment

So basically you are saying we would be
                wasting money because the net result would be the same pass and fail.

I told you this is the info age and you are barking up a tree that is dated (this should have been done three hundred years ago).Computers are rendering language as an irrelevant material.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  leadership ability....for ONE.

she is a good motivator, but does not comport herself as a leader nor has she been decisive as a leader.
                  Comport self as leader?!

Do you really mean that she says "No bwoy caan draw mi tongue..." while Bruce stands tall and speak in the Queens English about "termite innah dem brain"?!

...decisive as a leader?
                  You mean you give no credence to how the Ministry of Toursim and The Ministry of Labour performed under her stewardship? ...our any progressive development sthat occurred under her short 18 months as PM? ...but, full weight to every conceivable wrong that occurred during that same time?
                  ...while anything going wrong under Brucie's reign now...it is Portia's fault?!

I understand!
                  Yup! Get yuh full 100%!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

and after. you?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Okay, I'm a king in the
                      land of the blind.

Comment

yuh figget how many nonsensical post yuh mek on yah without knowing the facts? including your robinho vs kaka comparison?

what about bruce and not reaching out to jamaicans in the diaspora? then there was the price of gas in jamaica.....and that is what i remember off the top of mi head!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I agree that we have to step up our game. But part of that improvement can come from using more of what is familiar. Not sure of your age group but maybe you know of the times when all we read for Literature was Shakespare and poems about Ode to Autumn and Meadows and places whose name ended in 'shire. Yuh know 'ow long it tek me figure out seh autumn adn fall ah same ting, mi breddah? To dis day mi nuh sure mi evah si a meadow.

Then later they added books by VS Naipaul, the Maroons, etc. All of a sudden the interest picked up cause we could relate. The teachers message was the same but illustrations were from a familiar setting. If we can convey a concept of grammar using Patois then why not do it. This is not esoterics, I am talking about crafting the message to suite the intended audience.

One more thing. You don't think our culture is desrving of the kind of respect that esures it is passed on to future generations?

Comment

Working...
                          X