EDITORIAL - Golding travelling a dangerous road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
    but a wha di....yuh only si it as he wrong path when a nuh your party dweet?! good lord man!

As Matter seh, reading is overrated!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
      You must separate 2 issues...is Bruce on the right moral/political track and is he on firm LEGAL ground.

The courts will decide the latter, but it seems open and shut to me.

The former is debatable, but given the High Court ruling against this PSC, their non-standard application of protocol in the interview process (shutting 2 members out of the process and conferring with 2 civil servants) and the clear precedence of PM appointing their own PSC, then I think the weight is with Bruce.

In truth, this PSC is a Patterson appointment and should have tendered their resignation from mid September. Bruce blundered in not requesting it then, as he would have known of the July High Court ruling from then!!!
      This sounds better...but, in this appointment where has the PSC gone wrong.

The matter of "shutting two members out" has not been proven fact.

...and I am sure the members and the Committee can confer with whomsoever each member and or the Committee so desires. It would be dereliction of duty...gross misconduct...to not investigate and not thoroughly 'know' the persons who they foist on the people of Jamaica!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I am suggesting that this PSC has shown me that it needed to be extricated.

To me now it is clear that Vascianni was not the problem, the PSC was.

Comment

Confer with yuh baby father???

Confer with the outgoing employee and another senior civil servant??

Slapping up one candidate because he testified in favour of a previously victimized staff member?? All this even after the july High Court ruling?

In addition, while shutting out 2 of the five. No Karl, the beast was out of control!!!

Comment

Confer with yuh baby father???
            She should ahve recused hereself!

Confer with the outgoing employee and another senior civil servant??
            Nothing wrong here!

Slapping up one candidate because he testified in favour of a previously victimized staff member?? All this even after the july High Court ruling?
            No!
            GFrom my reading the gentleman resume in his post and was after, as the PSC has the right to do, transferred.

In addition, while shutting out 2 of the five. No Karl, the beast was out of control!!!
            Re: "shutting out"
            Not proven fact!

Comment

It is proven that only 3 of the five made the decision.

Clear conflict of interest given that the man testified against their unfair action in the recent past.

PSC is not to confer with the civil service in this matter...distance is thus lost.

Comment

It is proven that only 3 of the five made the decision.
                While I give full attention to and support that all five MUST be given the opportunity to part-take in the decision making...and, if any of the five...even one was not accorded that right...then the decision shoudl be set aside and another meeting held...

...that has not been proven.

Clear conflict of interest given that the man testified against their unfair action in the recent past.
                You are joking!
                Right?

Are you saying if the PSC took a position against any of those under 'its charge' if another situation arose where the person who did nto get a favourable rating from the PSC applied for a job the PSC should be disbanded?

...again, you cannot be serious!

PSC is not to confer with the civil service in this matter...distance is thus lost.
                I do not know what to say here!
                Are you saying the PSC consulted with the Civil Service? That is news to me! I thought the PSC consulted with a member of the civil service based on what the PSC saw as that member's ability to contribute info which could aid it in its deliberation.

...but, it would be appalling if the PSC...any PSC did not get input from persons and bodies within the civil service on qualities, background and positions held, etc.

Where would first line of verification of those vital bits of information necessary to determine suitability to hold the position applied for and or comtemplated being appointed to...arise if not from info within the civil service and from individuals within the civil service. Sure the info would be in many cases aided by supporting documents outside of the civil serves...but....damn?

Comment

They consulted with hylton AND the Cabinet secretary.

Comment

Working...
                  X