RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warmie - Dem bow, dem bow, dem bow, dem bow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmie - Dem bow, dem bow, dem bow, dem bow!

Warmington bows! - Letter of apology submitted, but not signed
    published: Wednesday | December 12, 2007

Minister of State for Housing and Water, Everard Warmington (right) is animated as he chats with his [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]colleague[/COLOR][/COLOR], Robert Montague, the Minister of State with responsibility for [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]Local [COLOR=orange! important]Government[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], inside Gordon House, yesterday. Both men have been widely criticised for comments they made during the campaign for the December 5 local government election and have since issued apologies. - Rudolph Brown/Chief Photographer
    Everald Warmington, Minister of State for Housing and Water, has yielded to public pressure and apologised for disturbing statements he made while on the campaign trail in the run-up to the December 5 local government election.
    In a release late yesterday, Mr. Warmington said his remarks at a public rally were improper and contrary to "the principles and policies of the party and government of which I am a member".
    No signature
    The release containing Mr. Warmington's apology did not have his signature.
    His colleague, Robert Montague, who had earlier submitted an apology for statements he made at a political rally, placed his signature on his apology.
    Late yesterday, Prime Minister Bruce Golding told reporters that he had been informed that a letter from Mr. Warmington was on his desk at [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]Jamaica[/COLOR][/COLOR] House.
    However, The Gleaner was informed that the letter submitted to Mr. Golding was a "private matter" between Mr. Warmington and the Prime Minister.
    Journalists tried to get a comment from Mr. Warmington at Gordon House yesterday, but he insisted that he does not "talk to the press".
    In his apology, Mr. Warmington said the remarks he made were "contrary to how I have conducted myself in representing my constituents as Member of Parliament".
    "After discussions with the Prime Minister, I accept without [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]reservation[/COLOR][/COLOR] that my utterances were wrong and undermine the confidence placed in me by the Prime Minister," he added.
    According to Warmington: "I completely withdraw the offensive statements which I made and tender my unreserved apologies to the Prime Minister, my constituents and the people of Jamaica."
    No relief
    Mr. Warmington had told Old Harbour residents that if they did not vote for the JLP, they would not receive hurricane-relief cheques.
    Member of Parliament for South Central St. Catherine, Sharon Hay Webster, wants the House of Representatives to establish an ethics committee to consider "appropriate action" against the two state ministers who made the alarming comments recently.
    Mrs. Hay Webster, in a motion to the House yesterday, urged her colleagues to sanction both Montague and Warmington for their "reprehensible" utterances.
    She said their statements indicate an intention to misuse public funds to induce electors, which constituted a breach of the laws of Jamaica.
    Mr. Montague expressed regret for remarks he made on December 2, when he told residents of Portland that their roads would not be repaired if they did not vote for a JLP councillor.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Change is good.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Real change is even better!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What is the real change? Bringing back the PNP?

This Apology is something that has Never happen in Jamaican politics as far as I know. If it did happen before can anyone point it out to me?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Please provide the Apologies of:

Omar 'Run Wid It' Davis
          PJ 'suck salt' Patterson
          AJ 'Vote fi Water' Nicholson.

One man step pon yuh toe and seh sarry.. di next one step pon yuh toe and tell yuh fi "shut yuh damn mouth"

Change is good.

Comment

So I assume none of the historians them can't find an apology from any politician in a more public manner?

Comment

Working...
            X