Scaly what you admire about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bass everytime unnuh come wid diss
    bull$h&t gratuity argument it juss grieve mi. If man waan tip him suppose to fi can tip freely (gratuity or not) go find who haff sting operation pon staff fi tek tip. As i said i waan see one all inclusive opin inna merika.

Comment

Hurricane Relief in Old habour and giving money to a worthy cause in Trench Town have anything to do with Tourism?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

cause dem nuh haff it big, so
        dem haffi knot di two shilling whey dem mek. Scaly yuh right bout di plantocracy.

nuh baddy nah hide nuh wealth ah yaad. Either yuh haff it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          them nah fi come close. for most their percentage donation don't match Butch Stewart and nuff a dem tell you straight and direct "them nah give you nothing".

Nuff Jamaicans who have them wealth hide it and act like them a sufferer.

assasin i'll give you this Jamaica does not have in it's culture natural volunteerism nor charitable giving but most poor countries don't either. My argument is not that Butch doesn't give but how much compared to his enormous wealth...we have talked about this many times on this site b4 so u know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            Yuh changing course from not giving back or who controls most of the wealth? Does this qualify as giving back?

Sandals to maintain mobile police unit

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

MONTEGO BAY, St James - Tourism Minister Ed Bartlett has lauded Gordon "Butch" Stewart's Sandals Resort International (SRI), for pledging to maintain the recently commissioned Mobile Command and Control Police Unit which will be operating along Montego Bay's 'Hip Strip'.

"Sandals Resort International has undertaken to maintain the unit and we are very happy. We think that that is the kind of partnership that we need between stakeholders and the ministry to achieve the high level of enhancement that our product needs to be competitive," Bartlett remarked.

Said Bartlett: "I can assure that I will be on the case of other stakeholders to deal with the case of other units at other locations when they have arrived."

The tourism minister, who was speaking on the weekend in Montego Bay at the commissioning of the mobile police station, said the vehicle, valued at $23.5 million, was acquired with an allocation from the Tourism Enhancement Fund (TEF). He indicated that similar units would be made available to cover the "Negril resort area, Ocho Rios resort area, Port Antonio resort area and the south coast".

The tourism minister also announced that closed circuit television (CCTV) would be installed along Montego Bay's "hip strip" to compliment the control vehicle, fitted with state-of-the-art surveillance equipment which has a capacity to scan within a four-mile radius.

"We are going to have an eye out there; a big eye so we can remove the thugs and the pimps and the hustlers and the pushers; so we can preserve the legitimate traders who are on the street and in their places of business; we can protect ourselves and our visitors," Bartlett said.
            Meanwhile, Bartlett, who had said at the end of last month that the tourism industry recorded a nine per cent increase in stopover arrivals over the previous year, told the commissioning ceremony that there was a marked increase from the Canadian market.

He said that Montego Bay, which now "sees over 600,000 tourists per year is poised to have a million tourists coming here in the next few years".
            Damn im buy hout even di policce dem?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I have no problem saying he can give more. However when I compare him to others Businessmen, most of them you can't talk to, Most give nothing, and with the kind of attitude I overheard when I work at a promenent resort, I have to say he has given more than MOST.

I remember when I was at HEART at Runaway Bay and me and my friend had a foundation to help the Infirmary in St.Ann, we called many business and amongst those sandals, (not Butch) but they were willing to give a little. Mi also have to big up Tonto Metro and Little John who appeared for us even though it wasn't a lot of money.

Sometimes it just take leadership and for people to setup the worthwile foundation and to convince the businessman to come on board. The major grouse me have with Butch and them is that they need to help to house tourism workers as these people have nowhere to live as they move to the resort towns. The salary could be a higher but if our economy improve then they will have to pay higher as unemployment gets lower.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What percentage of Lee chin's wealth is giving back?

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                  Lazie which black man you know have time fi go scuba diving fi enjoy the reef?
                  Unhuh man funny the man's net worth is guesstimated at US$500 million or JA$32,000,000,000.00 and a check here and there for $500,000 is a lot.

And that's on the low end last time I checked.

Comment

Well the fact is more visitors like it than you think.

You know how many family want to be somewhere in the same complex with their kids but want some privacy and nah fi cook or go nowhere fi dinner?

As I said I am not big on the all inclusive but reality is it is selling, and as mi say Chef and garners a get gratutity as well, not just waiter

Comment

As a matter of fact when I work at Jamaica Jamaica part time yes I did take some tips if the guest insisted and guess wha? them nah fi insist very much

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                        What percentage of Lee chin's wealth is giving back?
                        I'll answer your question this way building a modern high tech nursing school in jamaica with a $155 miilion contribution is far better than $500,000 to football team.

And that's just one.....in jamaica....we don't even have to talk about what he does in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
                          I'll answer your question this way building a modern high tech nursing school in jamaica with a $155 miilion contribution is far better than $500,000 to football team.

And that's just one.....in jamaica....we don't even have to talk about what he does in Canada.

How much of his wealth does he give?

Comment

Thank goodness the Spanish are here to save us !

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
                              assasin i'll give you this Jamaica does not have in it's culture natural volunteerism nor charitable giving but most poor countries don't either. My argument is not that Butch doesn't give but how much compared to his enormous wealth...we have talked about this many times on this site b4 so u know what I mean.

Say wha - well your forum fren MdmeX was a big time volunteer when she lived in Jam. (and she neva have money, and still don't).
                              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                              - Langston Hughes

Comment

I am beginning to feel nauseous.

You people are PATHETIC.

Comment

Working...
                                X