Lazie me and the Ghetto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazie me and the Ghetto

Despite the fact I see myself as a country man let me explain to you something.

I frequent and have spent many days and nights at Backto, cockburn pen, the top of orange st, the back a Dehany Park, New Haven, Lincoln Rd, Pandora Cresent, and other places continue ghetto. Yes I also frequent the upton stops as well.

The fact is the people who I visited are all decent hard working people and them nuh have guns. Many were professionals and others small business people.

When I go to Jamaica I still spend time visiting these people. My uncle and my father both businessmen travel anywhere in Kingston. I travel at night as well, yes I am a little scared but they are not.

Sometimes there are a lot more behind the zinc fence. Most country people who go a Kingston may not want to admit it but they end up behind the zinc fence fi a little.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

I didn't imply that these people weren't decent people, all I'm saying its ridiculous that every episode is aired in these areas. I don't care if Bounty, Beenie and Bob came from such areas.

Why dem nuh guh pon some beach, since dem like talk to dance groups, why not air an episode at one of those sessions?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

It is not that they come from these areas, is the fact that this is what they sing about and it is featured in all a them song, you listen and love it but nuh wan't see it in pictures. That is the hypocracy that I am talking about.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What is Damien Marley doing filming videos in mash dung garrison areas?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          Most country people who go a Kingston may not want to admit it but they end up behind the zinc fence fi a little.
          Fi a little?!? One could argue that is country people create the zinc fence. All sorts of books document that fact. Country people come a town fi look work and nuh have nuh where fi stay. Ergo - ghettoes. Aks Eddie.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            It is not that they come from these areas, is the fact that this is what they sing about and it is featured in all a them song, you listen and love it but nuh wan't see it in pictures. That is the hypocracy that I am talking about.
            Huh? How many of these people own Benz and Bimma? Mek it ress Sass, you glorify it .... I don't.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

What Benz and Bimma have to do with this?

Comment

Working...
              X