There is a program called Wick'd on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    The man choose fi feature the ghetto, what is so wrong with that? He doesn't want to feature anything else. Like it or not it is a part of Jamaican culture. When mi watch travel channel and other Jamaican show and them don't touch the ghettos mi nah complain either because it is a part of Jamaican life and it is real.

Mi nuh have nothing fi be ashamed of or nothing fi hide, yes a part a mi culture. Until them get rid of the ghetto nothing is wrong with filming it.
    As mi say, too many of you glorify the ghetto life a bit too much .. something I fail to understand. Every week these damn zinc fences ... damn! Don't mention the travel channel boss, you want to entice someone to come to yuh country ... yuh gonna show dem the ghetto? Are you for real?

It nuh matter how yuh try to put it, its stupid ...no need to show these poverty stricken areas week after week.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

everything is not about enticing people to come to your country.

Nuh you listen to Bounty and Beenie? Wha you think them a sing bout? A di same zinc fence and ghetto them a sing bout, and a bet you nuh glorify it? Stop been snubbish a that same ghetto produce Bob Marley and if you a go a him yard a trench town you have fi pass through it. A wonder how many tourism go deh?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

But Beenie dem need fi stop act like dem interact wid di ghetto all di time. Me tiyad fi see dem man deh inna middle Jamaica, y'know, places I go to, not uptown and not garrison. Jamaica is whole lot more than those two places.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          everything is not about enticing people to come to your country.

Nuh you listen to Bounty and Beenie? Wha you think them a sing bout? A di same zinc fence and ghetto them a sing bout, and a bet you nuh glorify it? Stop been snubbish a that same ghetto produce Bob Marley and if you a go a him yard a trench town you have fi pass through it. A wonder how many tourism go deh?
          Sass yuh know what you post? You were the one that posted about watching Travel channel?

I don't care if its the same ghetto produce Jesus Christ .... my feelings remain the same.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

You see them Artist deh a live inna denial. They have made it and because them have fi have "Ghetto Credentials" them live inna mid town but them afraid fi say them made it, them a middle class, or professionals, because them think it will not help them to create hit songs.

We all know that at night them nah sleep a ghetto unless a something special down there.

Some people fail to realise that you have some damn good and successful businessmen inna some a them ghetto deh. I know a relative who wake up go and get produce and sell it to higlers all over Kingston, and then do some moving of goods and he is doing better than many of us in the states. Him live inna the ghetto and will never move. He brought up all his kids there and the all are progressive people, some have them masters.

When a man come of a the plane a Palisados or Mobay guess and tell me what them see? Right beside the beautiful sea, hill, and big house?
            We can't hide it.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
            X