There is a program called Wick'd on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a program called Wick'd on

BETJ. Why is it they always choose to go into some proverty stricken places to host the program. Anyone that never been to JAmaica must think everyone lives in an area with only shacks and zinc fences.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Lazie wha wrong wid you. The other side a Jamaica get their fare share of exposure. This is where Reggae come from, inna them zink house an bambo fence, a just the reality.

Big up to Wicked. If you nuh want watch it you can watch Rachel as she go to some exotic places or the one I like that they use to carry that have acapella singing and live music.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Thats the problem, people tend to glorify poverty too much.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

No Lazie is not glorifying poverity. I don't see any of that on the pogram. The man going into the ghetto, interviewing ordinary people most of them has done positive things in some form for the community, it shows the way of life but in my opinion in no way glorify poverty. What you want for this side of Jamaica to hide?

You know that some tourist just go a Jamaica or Haiti just to visit these places? The mere factor that he is contributing to their economy by showing a positive light and not promoting war in my book is good.

What you want see? pretty girl, pretty house, pretty cars and politicians?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Never said it should be hidden, but every time I see this program it is recorded in some poverty stricken area.

"What you want see? pretty girl"

You have a problem wid pretty girls? I most certainly don't.

Comment

well them can't full up the screen all the time, you have fi give some ugly girls some time fi shine too.

Yeah but you ever see Racheal go down town yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              Yeah but you ever see Racheal go down town yet?
              Sorry, don't know her that way. Who is that?

Comment

Former beauty queen that was on BET before and came back on BETJ. Kinda half Indian looking.

But that a the only program where you see ghetto people talk about their communities, them nah spread nuh war or bling bling. A real ghetto people them. Trust me pretty girl alone can't full dance.

Comment

Funny! Didn't know she had a problem going downtown either!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

it would have fi be you

Comment

a you start it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sass, nobody talking bout fulling dance bossman. If yuh fail fi see mi point den a suh.

Comment

The fact is you don't have a point. 90% of the programs coming out a Jamaica don't feature the common ghetto people and this is the only one so me nuh see nothing wrong. Everybody can't film the north coast and tourist attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            The fact is you don't have a point. 90% of the programs coming out a Jamaica don't feature the common ghetto people and this is the only one so me nuh see nothing wrong. Everybody can't film the north coast and tourist attraction.
                            Which part a Jamaica yuh come from? You are aware there are other areas than ghetto (which unuh love to glorify?), north coast and tourist attraction?

I do not see the reason why every episode has to be in the ghetto area, wait ... lie, the popular talk is "ghetto", "poor people" and the latest, "garrison".

Thats where we differ, I want to see the videos, not common ghetto people.

Comment

The man choose fi feature the ghetto, what is so wrong with that? He doesn't want to feature anything else. Like it or not it is a part of Jamaican culture. When mi watch travel channel and other Jamaican show and them don't touch the ghettos mi nah complain either because it is a part of Jamaican life and it is real.

Mi nuh have nothing fi be ashamed of or nothing fi hide, yes a part a mi culture. Until them get rid of the ghetto nothing is wrong with filming it.

Comment

Working...
                              X