Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journalist burnt to death

Journalist burnt to death

DARREN Dane Khan, a freelance entertainment writer for the Observer, was found burnt to death in his Surbiton Road, Kingston apartment early yesterday morning.
    According to the police, shortly after 5:00 am a caretaker saw smoke coming from Khan’s apartment. The police said his body was found engulfed in flames on his mattress.
    Police theorised that Khan, who had worked for the Gleaner as a proofreader and writer, might have fallen asleep with a lit cigarette, which resulted in his death. No one was at home with him at the time of his death.
    One unit from the Half-Way-Tree Fire Station extinguished the blaze.
    Editor-in-chief for the Gleaner, Garfield Grandison, yesterday expressed condolences to Khan’s family.
    “He was an extremely bright individual. He always came up with suggestions on how to make the paper better, an excellent writer,” Grandison said. “He was certainly someone who had a lot to contribute to journalism in Jamaica.”
    Khan, who started out as a proofreader, was employed at the Gleaner for over three years. He later covered entertainment for the Star before becoming a freelance writer at the Observer.
    Yesterday, Observer staff members were shocked when they learned of Khan’s sudden passing. “It is really sad to know that at such a young age he died like that,” said Observer writer Erica Virtue.

KHAN… body found engulfed in flames on mattress
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

May he RIP, and condolence to his family.

The way them write the headline, mi think it was people set upon him and burn him alive. Sensational fi true - what about "Journalist dies in fire."
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

True. I guess we have too much practice with the other style.

Sad news fo true still.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
        The way them write the headline, mi think it was people set upon him and burn him alive. Sensational fi true - what about "Journalist dies in fire."
        You see di picture a di yute? Him look like a fish and wha yuh di wit fish? Fry dem of course

Comment

Bricktop that is quite extreme

although he does look GAY......Sickko o you know him personally.

SORRY sIC JUST BUGGING..gET BEHIND ME bRICKKIE BETTER YET GET AWAY FOM ME sATAN
          "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Actuyally I worked with him at the Gleaner, he was in Kingston and I was in MoBay but I would go the the office at time and we would chat or if I called the office and he answered the phone.

Found him quite intellegent and had an eye for the off beat stuff and had a column he called Chaos Theory.
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
            X