Music people step up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music people step up

Every Christmas, at least the last five, I have asked this question...is Ave Maria a Christmas Carol or a wedding song?

It is played or sung at every wedding I have been in the past 10 years or so and i also have it on two Christmas CDs, one by Stevie Wonder and the other by Michael Bolton.

OK there I have finally gotten it off my chest, i am out of the closet now- yes I do own a Michael Bolton CD
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

It's neither, I believe. When I was a Catholic, I believe we sang it for the hell of it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

MICHAEL BOLTON?!!!

i think ave maria has to do with mary as the virgin mother....that might be the christmas connection....weddings? maybe they are trying to tell the groom something!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

well it is an ode to Mary from the original Latin I presume...isn't 'Ave' a Latin salutation...whey Gamma deh?
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

there is a song called "yesterday when i was mad".

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

LOL!!!!
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Wait, you is a backslider???

Yeah, its a hymn.

Comment

sounds like a "hers" to me.....

Comment

actually, the song ave maria is a prayer, an acknowledgement to the virgin mary... found out when my sister was getting married... mostly catholic and anglican sing it... it is sung at christmas (virgin mary) weddings (undefiled, pure... a who dem lying tuh) and at some funerals (prayer of acknowledgement to mary mother of grace for inspiration)... still a classic from their perspective... i like to hear it... not an easy song to sing...

hope that helps...
                  Last edited by Baddaz; December 6, 2007, 06:22 PM.
                  'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Yuh mean Isis? Just
                    getting in my Dr.Clarke on you Have a good evening.

Comment

I love it...you should hear AJ Brown sing it, trust me
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

LoL

Comment

Working...
                        X