For those asking that the police and soldiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those asking that the police and soldiers

to merge, the PM said no. I didn't catch all that he said, but the part I got he said, that ... and I was astonished, with the police you have the right to remain silent. I almost dropped out of the chair. When police come to yuh and say, "Come yah bwoy .... whey yuh a guh?" I wouldn't dare telling him I have the right to remain silent.

Anyway, back to the PM, he indicated that with the soldiers, a citizen does not have that right.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

No man,

He said with the police or anything in civil legal society, you have the LEGAL right to remain silent. With the military, the soldiers dont have the same right. They have to answer their superiors or will face immediate sacking.

This all was in relation to the courts subpoening the records from military inquiries, where soldiers may have been forced to incriminate themselves (and others)without normal civil rights protection. This is one hurdle in the tighter integration of the Forces.

Comment

Time yuh start "catching all that is said"! We have had it with your selective listenings and faulty conclusions thereafter.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
        No man,

He said with the police or anything in civil legal society, you have the LEGAL right to remain silent. With the military, the soldiers dont have the same right. They have to answer their superiors or will face immediate sacking.

This all was in relation to the courts subpoening the records from military inquiries, where soldiers may have been forced to incriminate themselves (and others)without normal civil rights protection. This is one hurdle in the tighter integration of the Forces.
        Thanks for the correction bredren.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Time yuh start "catching all that is said"! We have had it with your selective listenings and faulty conclusions thereafter.
          "selective listenings and faulty conclusions"

See, there you go again ... jumping to conclusions without the facts.

Comment

whey profit jawge deh?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
            X