RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like this girl. She came on the scene with a bang.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like this girl. She came on the scene with a bang.

Alaine's wonderful sacrifice

Artiste: Alaine

Album: Sacrifice

Genre: R&B / Dancehall

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

There are not many female artistes that can 'wow' an audience with a CD almost entirely made up of hit songs but Alaine almost accomplished just that.

Sacrifice, the debut album of the soulful singer, is a 17 track album with familiar songs dating back to 2004's No Ordinary Love. Other hit songs on the album include Heavenly, Rise In Love on the Guardian Angel riddim , Sacrifice and Ya Ya (I Want It). There are only a few songs on the album that fans may not have already heard.

Undiscovered treasure

Of the songs that have not yet been receiving large scale airplay, Ride featuring Tony Matterhorn is an undiscovered treasure. With Matterhorn surprisingly singing, the song is a good duet about a relationship gone wrong. Another good song is Obsessed which has a really nice hip hop/ R&B type beat and is about a female who can't resist her male partner.

Alaine shows the skill of combining different genres with a little soul, R&B, reggae and dancehall. Produced mainly by Don Corleon the album touches on dancehall with Wine, Make Me Weak, Give You Love and Dreaming featuring Beenie Man. Although not the conventional dancehall songs, Alaine still manages to hold the riddim well in her own unique way.

Love is the main topic throughout the album and obviously a favourite for the artiste. Whether its love that has died or one that continues to rise, Alaine discusses it in many different lights. Otherwise, sex is another favourite topic as seen in the enticing Wine. However, Earth Cry is a conscious song about deception, lies and fighting, with a slight 'gospel feel' as Alaine sings "I'm breaking down these walls....can't you hear the earth's cry."

There is no doubt that Alaine is gifted with a good voice but there are times that she over does it, trying to hit Mariah Carey-like notes that don't always strike the right chord. There are times she should let her notes come more naturally.

Overall, for a debut album, Alaine does well with 17 tracks worth listening to.

Track listing:

1) Rise In Love

2) Sacrifice

3) Ridefeat. Tony Matterhorn

4) Baby Love

5) Wine

6) Make Me Weak

7) Obsessed

8) Heavenly

9) No Ordinary Love

10) Speak Love

11) Give You Love

12) Keep Lovin You

13) Ya Ya (I Want It)

14) Give you

15) Anything

16) Earth CRY

17) Dreamingfeat. Beenie Man
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

i need to see her picture to determine if shi can sing/dj/whatever.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I beg to second that

Comment

jawge..there is the possiblity that she is not a browning. are you in a sufficiently stable state of mind - scratch that - are you mentally strong enuff - scratch that - yuh sure yuh could handle it?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          i need to see her picture to determine if shi can sing/dj/whatever.
          Why? Unuh nuh remember the little girl that did either a JNBS or a VMBS ad back in the day?

"Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

See now, yuh ah diss
            yuhself. Gamma, ah me promote di most nubian on yah, memba dat.

Comment

mi nuh tink she
              can sing. What sayest thou Gamma?

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                mi nuh tink she
                can sing. What sayest thou Gamma?
                well ... you looked at Portia and thought she was an excellent PM, we all know yuh judgement is clouded. Alaine is the best female reggae singer right now.

Comment

yeah...RIGHT!

if is one person nhave the right to diss me...is miself suh dat cool same way.

jawge, it is high time you started the practice of being honest. try it...you might like it!

Comment

Oh yeah? I just hope is not the same person
                    I saw on hot suppen anodda one night (whilst in JA bout Feb) everybody local and jakan abroad say she cyaan sing (i was too sleepy to even speak)

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                      Oh yeah? I just hope is not the same person
                      I saw on hot suppen anodda one night (whilst in JA bout Feb) everybody local and jakan abroad say she cyaan sing (i was too sleepy to even speak)
                      Everybody? Your friends?

Comment

Gamma who else put up and praise
                        beautiful nubian on this site? (time to keep things real now)

Comment

balla...

Comment

Yup and some family

Comment

Balla? is bare browning
                              Balla put up at one party, mi neva see nuh nubian, stap tell lie. Is me Jawge always a drap di beautiful nubian professionals dem bout here.

Comment

Working...
                              X