No announcement yet.

Another solid waste shake-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you not appreciate that people should not be getting money for nothing (and chicks for free...couldn't resist that one)?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

where in that post was the word profit mentioned?

You have any idea what 600 million could do for for productive people who contribute something?

You a the first one fi cry if government raise tax. How can you maintain these publicly funded company if the continue to have loses without keep on borrowing, raising taxes or devaluing the dollar. No wonder you say we have no choices.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        can you not appreciate that people should not be getting money for nothing (and chicks for free...couldn't resist that one)?
        Have you seen me address that before this post...addressed in response to other posts...

...and, also on this particular isssue...taking the tact that the workers should not necessarily be fired for underperformance...but, in light of our unemployment situation put to doing good work?

The JLP walks into entities and find workers not reporting for work but drawing salaries is completely different from workers doing minimal work and drawing salaries!

...but, how can I expect you to see any difference when you are wrapped up in silly biases and cannot see the large and potential danger to maintaining a continued civil society and how it ties in with pursuing measures to relieve the great unemployment problem?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          where in that post was the word profit mentioned?
          I am asking the question.
          Am I to take it your answer is making a profit is not one of the aims?

You have any idea what 600 million could do for for productive people who contribute something?
          Since you ask - Yes!

You a the first one fi cry if government raise tax. How can you maintain these publicly funded company if the continue to have loses without keep on borrowing, raising taxes or devaluing the dollar. No wonder you say we have no choices.
          Do not understand what you are trying to say?
          You sound confused to me!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

if it was underperformance it woulda bad and not so bad......

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              if it was underperformance it woulda bad and not so bad......
              Under-performance?
              Agreed!

...and, I just think it is better to improve output than fire! In fact, fire as first option appears downright silly given our unemployment situation.

Comment

Fire them yes.

And when its sorted out, rehire people who want to work.

Comment

if your philosophy on paying people to perform no work rings true then it is no wonder Jamaica is in a position it is in. No only does it support people getting paid for nothing but also it support extortion and waste.

For all you know these people be employed at more than one places or could be running other businesses. karl it is simple you have no merit and point to show how this can be positive for Jamaica.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                    Fire them yes.

And when its sorted out, rehire people who want to work.
                    Well that is another way of working it out...with which I could not disagree. Send a message that 'goofing off' will not be tolerated...and address the twin problems of increasing efficiency and decreasing and or not adding to our unemployment figures!

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

if your philosophy on paying people to perform no work

No way to answer that Sass except to say - dutty lie!

Comment

From experience wid Local Govt. - Sanitation workers used to mek a bag of overtime just to do their regular work. It was a Rites of Passage wid them.
                        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Not only that but these garbage men are also running private entity while charging business and ack like a regular non commerical loads, and doing all sort pon the side and making money.

Comment

If you hire somebody and him not working, are you going to give that person more responsiblity or fire him?

Simply question, deserves a simple answer now.

Comment

yeah? and how yuh deal wid people who only show up to collect them cheque? that is not underperformance boss...that is NON performance!!

Comment

although it is good to get rid of persons not performing, especially at management level where salaries are high, the money saved initially will be spent on rehiring managers, but should be spent on improving the product

Comment

Working...
                                X