RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bwoy Jawge......Gamma caan talk to yu again iyah!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bwoy Jawge......Gamma caan talk to yu again iyah!

Look like Gamma haffi go wwwhhhhheeeeeeellllllll and come again. - T.K.

Chimps beat humans in memory tests

Jungle VIPs emerge victorious in eidetic imagery experiments

Iain Thomson, vnunet.com 04 Dec 2007

An experiment in Japan has shown that chimpanzees can outperform humans in short-term memory tests.

Japanese researchers pitted three adult chimps and three juvenile chimps against groups of college students in a test requiring increasingly good short-term memory.

The students failed first, followed by the adult chimps and then the juvenile chimps.

Professor Tetsuro Matsuzawa, from Kyoto University, who led the research, told The Press Association: "There are still many people, including many biologists, who believe that humans are superior to chimpanzees in all cognitive functions.

"No-one can imagine that young chimpanzees at the age of five have a better performance in a memory task than humans."

Here we show for the first time that young chimpanzees have an extraordinary working memory capability for numerical recollection. It is better than that of human adults tested in the same apparatus and following the same procedure."

The humans and chimpanzees were taught to recognise symbols depicting 'one' to 'nine' and the order in which they were displayed.

Symbols were briefly displayed on a screen before being replaced by white boxes, which then had to be pressed in the right order.

The amount of time the numerals were displayed was reduced steadily. The young chimps required only a single glance to get the right answer for most of the test.

The research, published in Current Biology, reported that the chimps had an 80 per cent accuracy rate at about a fifth of a second, compared with 40 per cent for the human adults.

This so-called eidetic imagery, or photographic memory, is found in autistic humans.

Dr Matsuzawa speculated that it may have been an inherent ability in the chimpanzees' ancestors which humans subsequently lost as they developed speech.

The scientist also suggested that the older chimpanzees may have performed less well because their memory was occupied with other processes.
    No need to thank me forumites.

I saw that on CNN yesterday...I bet is some dunce pickney dem find to put up against the monkey dem...
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
      I saw that on CNN yesterday...I bet is some dunce pickney dem find to put up against the monkey dem...
      Is what yu saying about Jawge? Him can only beat dunce pickney? Sickko yu is a wickid yute! - T.K.

Comment

i have NEVER called jawge an ape.....a dunce pickney? perhaps...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

More importantly what are you saying about Jawge, that he is a chimp, but you wicked TK man...LOL!!!
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
            More importantly what are you saying about Jawge, that he is a chimp, but you wicked TK man...LOL!!!
            Bossman is not me.....It's a forumite whose name starts with a G and ends in an A with an AMM in the middle. - T.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              i have NEVER called jawge an ape.....a dunce pickney? perhaps...
              I don't know G. Bricktop is a very credible witness. If he says it's true then it is gospel! - T.K.

Comment

suh yuh case hinge on bricky like how oj prosecution did hinge 'pon mark fuhrman testimony?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

suh yuh case hinge on bricky like how oj prosecution did hinge 'pon mark fuhrman testimony?
                  If not Bricky then who? - T.K.

Comment

Wait, brother how are you?
                    Are you trying to make apoint brother? If so what is it? Thanks.

Comment

a good thing you have the cave to find refuge jawge... nat even nuclear can harm yuh... dem nuh know seh yuh always have a contingency plan fi dem...
                      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

nuh watch nuh face
                        bredrin, cause yuh done know

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                          Wait, brother how are you?
                          Are you trying to make apoint brother? If so what is it? Thanks.
                          King Kon.....er I mean Jawge.....I am not trying to make any point. I am on your side bredren. The name calling by Gamma must stop and I will do everything in my power to keep Gamma in check. So Mighty Joe You......er I mean Jawge.....I will not rest until this forum is cleansed of the likes of racist Gamma and his nazi sidekick Bricktop. Cheeta.....er I mean Jawge.....you and I see eye to on this topic.....no black man should be calling another such vile and hateful things......Curious Jawg......er I mean Jawge......You deserve better.....you have been a great forumite for so many years and the hurry just come like Gamma and Bricktop haffi hol' dem cornas.....Afterall Koko.....I mean Jawge........If black people are ever to rise up and take their rightful place as a great people we must first stop referring to each other as less than human......I get just as upset as you do Bubbles.......er I mean Jawge.....when I see us sink to such depths.....Where is Garvey when you need him?..........Respect godfather because no amount of badmind from Gamma or Bricktop can slow yu down seen!....Till next time Gorilla in the Mists......I mean Jawge! - T.K.

Comment

10 years ago in 1972? hmmmmmm

Comment

10 years ago in 1972? hmmmmmm
                              Man...you get all yu big degree dem and caan add and subtract Gamma? Maybe you could learn sometin' fram de Chimpanz......er I mean Jawge dem....

In all seriousness those are the opening words to an old tv show I used to love to watch called the A-Team with Hannibal, Face, Murdock and B.A. Barrackus better known as Mr. T. It was the only show I ever knew where 200 bullets would fire off and not one person would get shot. Good clean fun that show was. A classic! - T.K.

Comment

Working...
                              X