RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr Warmington we expected, but Mr Chuck???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Warmington we expected, but Mr Chuck???

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Mr Delroy Chuck seems like a decent man. So when he got the job as Speaker of the House of Representatives we thought it was a proper choice. Until he spoke on radio yesterday.

Mr Chuck went on Nationwide Radio's This Morning show and spoke the most arrant nonsense in defence of Mr Everald Warmington, who set back this country 100 years, having clearly lost his reason in front of a Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) crowd Sunday night in Old Harbour, St Catherine.

It came as no surprise to us that Mr Warmington, the current minister of state for water and housing, is reported as warning supporters that they would not receive hurricane relief cheques if they did not vote for his party in today's local government elections.

As quoted in our Tuesday edition, the member of parliament told the JLP supporters that he had advised Labour and Social Security Minister Pearnel Charles that hurricane relief cheques for Old Harbour Bay residents, whose homes had been damaged by Hurricane Ivan in 2004 and Hurricane Dean this year, should be issued from his South West St Catherine constituency office, ostensibly so he could be sure that cheque recipients had actually voted JLP.

"Dem talk 'bout Ivan Money, it coming up now. Three thousand a you from Old Harbour Bay expect fe get. You know what a tell de minister sey. I told Minister Charles. Don't send one striking cheque down ya till after Wednesday (election day)," Mr Warmington said. "Don't send none... After Wednesday, what is yours is yours and what is mine is mine. Mek sure de vote is mine."

It got worse: "People sey dem put Warmington dey already, but it nuh done yet. The first thing I am going to do after Wednesday is go on my computer an look if yuh vote fe get de cheque. A tell de minister sey mek sure sey when him a issue cheque him issue them from 40 East Street, Old Harbour for yuh should not want Government benefit if yuh don't perform or participate in governance."

That's typical of the Everald Warmington we have heard of over the years. But if we expected that from him, we surely are dumbfounded by Mr Chuck's defence of him.

Mr Chuck told the radio hosts that Mr Warmington was just indulging in "political exuberance". If it reminds you, dear reader, of the term 'youthful exuberance", it should.

The House Speaker tried to explain away the inexplicable by saying that his JLP colleague was merely pushing people to "participate in our democracy by voting". Really! Somebody should let Mr Chuck and his friend know that democracy includes the right not to vote, whether we like it or not.

But who gave Mr Warmington the right to decide to spend taxpayers' money in that way? In the first place, why does he have a say in how disaster relief funds are disbursed? These two are not men we can hold up before our young people and our nation as examples to follow. And frankly, we are quite ashamed of their utterances.

Thankfully, Mr Charles is not about to be caught up in their recklessness: "He is just saying that for (the) consumption of his constituency. What he said does not in any way reflect the policy of this Government."
    Whew!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Let me know when you need more tissue. Egg can leave quite a mess on your face.

And we know who you are!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LoL

I thought the Observer was just a pro-JLP rag!!!
      I hear people here saying that the Gleaner is now pro-PNP, but in a letter yesterday, a writer ripped into the Gleaner for being pro-JLP.

Bias is everywhere, alive and well.

For the record, based on what I read and seeing the quotes, Bruce needs to put Warmington in the penalty box. I agree with your position Mo.

Comment

One swallow, Willi. One swallow! The fact that even the Observer could write such an editorial shows you how ridiculous the defences posted on this site were.

I believe you were one who did not fully come out against the crap statements from Everald. Never too late too retract any ambiguous statement. If I am wrong, I apologise.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Mr Delroy Chuck seems like a decent man. So when he got the job as Speaker of the House of Representatives we thought it was a proper choice. Until he spoke on radio yesterday.

Mr Chuck went on Nationwide Radio's This Morning show and spoke the most arrant nonsense in defence of Mr Everald Warmington, who set back this country 100 years, having clearly lost his reason in front of a Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) crowd Sunday night in Old Harbour, St Catherine.

It came as no surprise to us that Mr Warmington, the current minister of state for water and housing, is reported as warning supporters that they would not receive hurricane relief cheques if they did not vote for his party in today's local government elections.

As quoted in our Tuesday edition, the member of parliament told the JLP supporters that he had advised Labour and Social Security Minister Pearnel Charles that hurricane relief cheques for Old Harbour Bay residents, whose homes had been damaged by Hurricane Ivan in 2004 and Hurricane Dean this year, should be issued from his South West St Catherine constituency office, ostensibly so he could be sure that cheque recipients had actually voted JLP.

"Dem talk 'bout Ivan Money, it coming up now. Three thousand a you from Old Harbour Bay expect fe get. You know what a tell de minister sey. I told Minister Charles. Don't send one striking cheque down ya till after Wednesday (election day)," Mr Warmington said. "Don't send none... After Wednesday, what is yours is yours and what is mine is mine. Mek sure de vote is mine."

It got worse: "People sey dem put Warmington dey already, but it nuh done yet. The first thing I am going to do after Wednesday is go on my computer an look if yuh vote fe get de cheque. A tell de minister sey mek sure sey when him a issue cheque him issue them from 40 East Street, Old Harbour for yuh should not want Government benefit if yuh don't perform or participate in governance."

That's typical of the Everald Warmington we have heard of over the years. But if we expected that from him, we surely are dumbfounded by Mr Chuck's defence of him.

Mr Chuck told the radio hosts that Mr Warmington was just indulging in "political exuberance". If it reminds you, dear reader, of the term 'youthful exuberance", it should.

The House Speaker tried to explain away the inexplicable by saying that his JLP colleague was merely pushing people to "participate in our democracy by voting". Really! Somebody should let Mr Chuck and his friend know that democracy includes the right not to vote, whether we like it or not.

But who gave Mr Warmington the right to decide to spend taxpayers' money in that way? In the first place, why does he have a say in how disaster relief funds are disbursed? These two are not men we can hold up before our young people and our nation as examples to follow. And frankly, we are quite ashamed of their utterances.

Thankfully, Mr Charles is not about to be caught up in their recklessness: "He is just saying that for (the) consumption of his constituency. What he said does not in any way reflect the policy of this Government."
          Whew!
          As I said before; Weh Lazie deh? The real sensible Lazie?! Not the mad klan-man who has turned up even more crazied and klan-ish after Sept. 3?

Warmington and Chuck have said a combined number of things that by actions are corrupt!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

But didnt you see the righteous indignation put up here by Lazie yesterday about how Chuck had clarified situation and how myself and Mosiah were liars (not in so many words mind you) and how Warmington never said "vote for JLP" as if he had to spell it out like that.

See this is why I am so dissappointed in Lazie cause he used to come across as sensible.

He still cannot see that his ranting and raving is no different from those who rant and rave for the PNP but that is completely lost on him.
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Well my first post on the matter was harsher than yours...see here:
              =========================
              But dis is a madman! Must be Nicholson cousin! LoL

Fire him backside!

Comment

Sickko

My issue is simple.

I deplored the way the PNP was governing for most of their stint and will not countenace JLP doing the same. Jamaica simply cannot afford it.

At the moment, we all better pray and be vigilant of their work, as right now, there is NO alternative. PnP will have to purge themselves to be viable again (plain english and bad manners) and if labourite not fit RIGHT NOW...I just dont see any salvation for us at the moment.

How the heck did we get to this situation???

Comment

What do you mean how did we get here, we were always here. Bruce was either living in some dream world or lieing through his teeth when he told voters about how he will have a tight rope around his MPs yadda yadda yadda and wont tolerate any form of corruption from them.

I am still waiting on some official response to Montaque's spreading the government's money like a baby father or an area don and after Chuck's idiocy yesterday (Lazie thinks otherwise) let us see what the JLP has to say.
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                    Sickko

My issue is simple.

I deplored the way the PNP was governing for most of their stint and will not countenace JLP doing the same. Jamaica simply cannot afford it.

At the moment, we all better pray and be vigilant of their work, as right now, there is NO alternative.

PnP will have to purge themselves to be viable again (plain english and bad manners) and if labourite not fit RIGHT NOW...I just dont see any salvation for us at the moment.

How the heck did we get to this situation???
                    Agreed!

...and, at last you are coming around to my "you do not throw members of the family i.e. The PNP, away because of 'mis-steps'. You re-train!
                    Thanks!

Yup!
                    The PNP needs to get rid of those who have this selfish, corrupt way of thinking on how to govern.

Yup!
                    ...some purging need to happen! - PnP will have to purge themselves...!!!!

Yes! Yes! Yes!
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Suh why unuh all don't attack Samuda too? In an interview yesterday Samuda stated that he has suspended the distribution of checks in his constituency until after the election. Why is he doing it? The same reason that Chuck indicated that Warmngton based his speech on.
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                        See this is why I am so dissappointed in Lazie cause he used to come across as sensible.
                        he operative question is, when has lazie ever come across as sensible? yuh joking right?
                        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

well.... now....when he is supporting Man United and Reggae Boyz, maybe he needs to stick to those safe topics...
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Attack is the wrong choice of words Lazie, choose some thing else...you have it in you to do better
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

Then you softened up. Why Willi? WHY?!?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X