X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Residents Trapped In War

Help wanted from police, political representatives

By Dwayne Mcleod, Staff Reporter

An ongoing war involving three very volatile communities has again erupted, leaving at least one set of residents feeling 'trapped' and crying for peace.

THE STAR has learnt that men from Tavares Gardens (Payneland) are currently at odds with others from the neighbouring communities of Mckoy Lane and Delacree Park in south St. Andrew.

Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of crime, Mark Shields admitted to THE STAR that the police were aware of the situation. "We do have a lot of volatility in that area. The issue was today (Monday) discussed by the Police High Command as the area is known as a crime hot spot," DCP Shields said.

THE STAR recently visited the areas and residents were cowering in fear to say the least. However, Payneland residents, are claiming that their chance of being attacked is even greater simply because they are literally in the middle of their opponents.

"Mckoy Lane deh pon wi left, Delacree deh pon wi right, so it way more wicked fi we, it come in like judgement dung yah," said one resident.

The ongoing war has even forced residents to solicit the services of taxi operators just to make it to Three Miles, which is only a short distance away.

"Wi cyaa go no weh in peace ... Yu look out all inna broad daylight yu see di man dem crouch pon di corna wid dem big gun," one resident said.

In explaining the effects of the ongoing war on their community, the residents say time is always of the essence as they have to be off the streets from as early as 6 p.m. So serious is the respect for time, that if they are seen on the streets after that time, they will be ordered to go home..

"A nuh like seh we a bad dem up, but anything can happen anytime and wi haffi defend wi place ... Wi nuh want fi hurt nobody suh wi jus mek dem kno seh by certain time dem haffi put up,"confirmed one thug from Payneland.

Interestingly men from the warring communities have denied being the aggressors in the war. Upon visiting the areas, THE STAR was quickly advised to leave, as the men say they always have to be on the lookout for so called intruders.

"Rite ya now we naw push nuttin, wi just a defen wi ting, di bway dem always a come cross pon we so wi haffi a watch wi head," one thug from Delacree Park explained.

Protracted war

Another thug from Mckoy Lane agreed. "A long time we an dem nuh gree still eno ... Fi tell di truth a jus suh di ting set up, but a nuh we a push it still eno, but wi naw siddung mek dem come kill wi off, if a war a war," he said.

But the Payneland men are adamant that they are merely acting in self defence. "Look pon it my yute, a suh we fool fi a war two set a man weh sorround we, dat nuh sound like suicide to you?" he questioned.

As such, all three sets of residents are crying for peace and want the police and political representatives to intervene.

"Wi need di help trust me, wi need help from di police and di politician dem ... Dem yute ya naw tek nuh talk from we suh di bigga heads haffi intervene," one resident explained.

The residents pointed out that the warring is not political as all three communities are People's National Party strongholds.

Meanwhile, the police say they will surely be attending to the area as it has stirred up major attention.

"The situation has certainly attracted some attention and is currently under review ... It has definitely attracted some attention and will be looked at," the crime chief said.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Looks like its time fi invade Tivoli, wha yuh say Mosiah?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      Meanwhile, the police say they will surely be attending to the area as it has stirred up major attention.
      Thank God is not Tivoli.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Dem ting deh gwaan inna Tivoli ?

Comment

This is just the sort of post you should keep away from. At least the police can enter the community!!!

Is like yuh not undertanding someting.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

whe you thank god for?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Are you telling me dat tings nuh gwaan a Tivoli? And who is going to report on it? Gleaner/Star? Observer? Herald? LOL!!!

Not one of you forumites know Tivoli like I do.

Mek mi just leave it right dere!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                This is just the sort of post you should keep away from. At least the police can enter the community!!!

Is like yuh not undertanding someting.
                is it? ... Buju did a tune, everything whey gwaan a farin a yardie get the blame. Well, everything gwaan a yaad, attack Tivoli. 6 people get killed a Clarendon, man a fuss bout Tivoli. Same way a few years back, as a child and her family was roasted in one community, schools had to be closed because one child was shot and another raped, Tivoli was under seige.

Don't twist mi words now, I'm not saying that criminals nuh down deh ... but the way some a unuh talk its as if all the criminals deh a Tivoli.

Comment

That our newspaper can hear the story and that the police can offer some assistance.

In some communities you would never hear about it. The people are at the mercy of some govt. Whatever trial and/or punishment is meted out, if any, fair or unfair, is not even whispered about, much less to reach the media.

Stay deh follow people who have no clue!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sounds like another Conspiracy Theory.

Who is the Pope in Vatican City, JA.

LOL !

Comment

*Twilight Zone Music*

Comment

No, Lazie. Wi have criminals to go around in Jamaica. But di way tings a gwaan, yuh have a better chance of apprehending them in some areas, not others. And what makes it worse, when criminals from certain areas go outside of their homes to cause mayhem outta road, but can find a safe haven when dem return. That's truly sad!

Right now, no one has no idea how many criminals are being sheltered or how large the armoury is in Tivoli. The Prime Minister is man a yard down dere, but not even him can dare ask.

And I have never endorsed the wanton violence against Tivoli. I have too many friends down there, good decent people, to endorse whole scale attacks down there. Hell, I myself might be down there when it happens.

But, and I'm sad to say there is a "but", how are we going to reel in this community to become at least like the other garrisons? Why can't the politicians do anything about it?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That our newspaper can hear the story and that the police can offer some assistance.

In some communities you would never hear about it. The people are at the mercy of some govt. Whatever trial and/or punishment is meted out, if any, fair or unfair, is not even whispered about, much less to reach the media.

Stay deh follow people who have no clue!
                          What I don't get is, s h i t happen a Clarendon, but as usual, yuh quick fi point finger a Tivoli. Murders happen all the way a Mobay ... unuh mek up noise bout Tivoli.

I recall when the JCF claimed there was a decrease in murders, I asked if the gunmen aren't arrested, nor killed, whey dem deh? Now we a see.

Comment

It is sad that gunmen can parade streets in Ja and like many of the victims we all can find something to thank god for when we would be of more help to him if we try to be better citizens and help to stamp these thing out of the community.

Not an an attack on you I am just saying it is that bad.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

No, Lazie. Wi have criminals to go around in Jamaica. But di way tings a gwaan, yuh have a better chance of apprehending them in some areas, not others. And what makes it worse, when criminals from certain areas go outside of their homes to cause mayhem outta road, but can find a safe haven when dem return. That's truly sad!

Right now, no one has no idea how many criminals are being sheltered or how large the armoury is in Tivoli. The Prime Minister is man a yard down dere, but not even him can dare ask.

And I have never endorsed the wanton violence against Tivoli. I have too many friends down there, good decent people, to endorse whole scale attacks down there. Hell, I myself might be down there when it happens.

But, and I'm sad to say there is a "but", how are we going to reel in this community to become at least like the other garrisons? Why can't the politicians do anything about it?
                              The gov't that been in office since Sept in their manifesto said something about Transforming politicial garrisons and since the Commish says Tivarli is the "Mother of All Garrisons!" we shall see what we shall see.

Comment

Working...
                              X