12 more killed over night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 more killed over night

Cant speak for anyone but I am scared...for the first time in a very long time I am scared
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

I am more scared knowing that the govt. is absolutely helpless to do anything since they can't even rein in their own thugs.

Last Sunday, after watching HVFC beat Tivoli in the CPPL, we dropped off a friend in Tivoli Gardens where Bruce and Derrick Smith were addressing a group of supporters. We chose to drive out the Industrial Terrace exit up to Spanish Town Road. As we were leaving 7 or 8 gunshots were heard. Nothing to worry about. This is Tivoli on their annual Jamboree night.

Upon nearing the intersection where the Denham Town police station is located, sustained gunshot was heard in the area. People began to take cover after taking a quick look to see what was happening. I told the driver, turn the vehicle around and head to Marcus Garvey Drive, and don't stop at all.

Was that shooting ever reported? Did that shooting bother the Minister of National Security as he carried on about hunting down the criminals and ridding the country of the scourge? Did the PM hear the barrage of gunshots one block away? Did he care?

Joke ting.

When the govt. starts to combat this crime monster by addressing the Mother of All Garrisons, unnu send come call mi.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

but Mo you wasn't fraid when same thing was going on when you go a Arnett?

This is nothing new and while it is going to take balls to do it, and I haven't much confidence in in Smith, somehow it has to get better. It just didn't happen over the last three month but unnu go tell me mi nuh live a Ja but you haven't live my life and see the evil I have seen right there in Ja either.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

When gunshot erupts in Arnett police do not hesitate to enter and do what they have to do.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

the fact is it errupt and continue to do so.

they had a almost a five year war between gangs down there which hopefully ended recently so whether before or behind police too many guns firing on both sides.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes but...six persons were killed in Clarendon last night, a police sergeant who by all accounts was one of the 'good guys' was 'assassinated" in the words of one JLP politician as he drove through Glendevon about 4:30pm Sunday afternoon and apparently in full view of boys playing football and other residents.
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

The point is the state can and does have access to everywhere in the country but Tivoli. If that doesn't concern you...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Do we have a civil war going on in Jamaica? Why so many people have to die?
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Civil war? Yuh can't be serious Tilla, cause death & dying and over 1,000 murders a year is commonplace in Jamaica.

The average man needs to be able to defend himself, and Jamaica does not give him a fighting chance.
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Driver ?

Dis construction ting look like it is the way to go !!

Comment

You can't look at blueprints while holding a steering wheel!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

One policeman seh is Gang Wars.

Clarendon ting involve a entity called the Gang of Nine.

I wonder if that is any relation to the Gang of Five.

With all the progress made under the PNP, these youths don't have anyting better tuh duh ?

7:15 this morning I was greeted at the FIRST stop light outside my Gate with a roving band of 5 youths.. in the age region of 10. I doubt they will turn out to be productive members of society.

Karl ?

Comment

Blueprints of the Football game ?

Is only Minister and Butch dem mi know have Drivah !

But yuh bad !

Comment

What concern me more is how the gun culture is spreading.

As you say yesterday the guy "adams" nuh come from Tivoli or Ghetto. What excuse the Mobay people them have? When since you have fi protect your turf inna mobay?

It more concern mi fi see guns spreading in Jamaica in places that you couldn't find any before. Tivoli will have to be dealt with but too many guns both legally and illegally are in the hands of criminal and I said legally as people pay and get gun license, who couldn't pass background check.

Comment

Stop being a paranoid uptowner. Yuh mean di squeegee and di water bottles didn't hint you as to what they were up to?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X