RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this lady for real? She needs to be on bed rest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this lady for real? She needs to be on bed rest.

Injured Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) candidate back on campaign trail

FLOORED by a gunshot wound to the chest recently, Rosalee Hamilton, the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) councillor/ candidate for the Rae Town division in Central Kingston, has refused to roll over and play dead. She is up and ready again.

Despite being too weak to address Labourites, Ms. Hamilton hit the political platform on Sunday night, a day after being released from hospital.

The presence of the injured councillor sprang Labourites into a frenzy at the Coronation Market, downtown Kingston. They had gathered for the charge from party leader Bruce Golding as Jamaicans head to the polls for the local government election tomorrow.

Surprise introduction

Not even the blaring speaker boxes were as loud as the Labourites who sang the gospel refrain God Will Take Care Of You, while Ms. Hamilton sat pensively on the platform with Mr. Golding, National Security Minister Derrick Smith and other JLP stalwarts.

Her surprise introduction to the meeting came from Kingston Mayor Desmond McKenzie. "She is here, live, in living colour ... it was the blood," McKenzie said as he introduced the presence of his injured colleague.

"Rosie down, but not out," McKenzie said while the song His Blood Will Carry You boomed from the speaker boxes.

He said that Ms. Hamilton wanted to be part of the JLP motorcade that rolled through the Corporate Area on Sunday.

The JLP Area Council One is seeking to retain the Kingston and St. Andrew Corporation (KSAC) in tomorrow's election. The JLP won 22 of the 40 divisions in the KSAC in the 2003 Local Government Election. The party has now set its sights on winning at least 26. Hamilton's Rae Town division in the PNP-strong Central Kingston constituency, is considered safe JLP territory.

- D.L.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    Injured Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) candidate back on campaign trail

FLOORED by a gunshot wound to the chest recently, Rosalee Hamilton, the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) councillor/ candidate for the Rae Town division in Central Kingston, has refused to roll over and play dead. She is up and ready again.

Despite being too weak to address Labourites, Ms. Hamilton hit the political platform on Sunday night, a day after being released from hospital.

The presence of the injured councillor sprang Labourites into a frenzy at the Coronation Market, downtown Kingston. They had gathered for the charge from party leader Bruce Golding as Jamaicans head to the polls for the local government election tomorrow.

Surprise introduction

Not even the blaring speaker boxes were as loud as the Labourites who sang the gospel refrain God Will Take Care Of You, while Ms. Hamilton sat pensively on the platform with Mr. Golding, National Security Minister Derrick Smith and other JLP stalwarts.

Her surprise introduction to the meeting came from Kingston Mayor Desmond McKenzie. "She is here, live, in living colour ... it was the blood," McKenzie said as he introduced the presence of his injured colleague.

"Rosie down, but not out," McKenzie said while the song His Blood Will Carry You boomed from the speaker boxes.

He said that Ms. Hamilton wanted to be part of the JLP motorcade that rolled through the Corporate Area on Sunday.

The JLP Area Council One is seeking to retain the Kingston and St. Andrew Corporation (KSAC) in tomorrow's election. The JLP won 22 of the 40 divisions in the KSAC in the 2003 Local Government Election. The party has now set its sights on winning at least 26. Hamilton's Rae Town division in the PNP-strong Central Kingston constituency, is considered safe JLP territory.

- D.L.
    No one in the JLP could think of the lady's health? Even if she gave a willingness to attend was this sensible? ...or, is the JLP so scared of losing that even a life in danger 'a nuh nutten'?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Totally uncalled for Karl.

Comment

Karl - that's a bull****************, hitting below the belt statement. Is not the JLP to tell har to stay in bed, what happen to her reasoning.

You think my manager could call me out of my bed to come to work, if me tell him that me at home sick.
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

meanwhile mi former boss foot bruk and we had 8 inch of snow and him come a work with his foot in the plaster and part showing.

The funny part is him nah come do nothing but play solitare.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
          X