• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops name suspect in Kameka's murder

Cops name suspect in Kameka's murder
    BY KARYL WALKER Observer staff reporter walkerk@jamaicaobserver.com
    Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Police yesterday released the photograph and identity of a man who they say is wanted for the murder of Assistant Commissioner of Police Gilbert Kameka.

Adams. considered armed and dangerous
    According to the police, Massinissa Akhenaton Adams, o/c Massi, was a member of the infamous Joel Andem-led Gideon Warriors gang, and is considered armed and dangerous. He frequents the areas of Mount Industry, Papine, Kintyre, and Gordon Town.

In a late evening release, the police urged Adams to surrender as quickly as possible. They also asked the public to help in his apprehension.

Kameka was one of three cops brutally slaughtered by gunmen between Thursday and Sunday. The other two are Sergeant Allan Lindsay and Constable Valentine Chambers, and according to deputy commissioner in charge of crime, Mark Shields, at least one person has been arrested in connection with Lindsay's murder.

Kameka was shot dead in the rustic community of Irish Town in St Andrew just after midday on Thursday while Chambers was attacked by a gang of gunmen in the Hannah Town community about 12 hours before. Lindsay was shot dead in Glendevon, St James on Sunday.

"We have arrested one person for Sergeant Lindsay's killing and we are following strong leads in ACP Kameka's murder which we expect to make progress on soon," Shields said.
    The man arrested was one of three persons who were taken into custody by the St James police just hours after the brutal attack on Sergeant Lindsay. All three were yesterday being questioned about their role in the cop's killing.

Shields was also at pains to deny rumours that Kameka's body was nude when he was killed or that he was involved in a drug deal gone sour.

"We have no evidence to support drugs and we do not believe ACP Kameka was mixed up," said Shields. "The body was not nude. I was the first senior officer on the scene and I never saw a nude body."

A woman who was with Kameka before he was killed is still in protective police custody.

Sections of the media have reported that Chambers was under investigation by his colleagues for alleged connections to criminal networks and suggested that the cop may have been killed by his cronies in the criminal underworld.

Shields again came to his slain colleague's defence.
    "We have no evidence to support that. I have heard contrary views that he was a good officer," Shields said. "Part of any investigation into a murder is to check out the victim's background to try and establish a motive. It would appear as if it was a planned attack against the constable or a gang of gunmen recognised him or his car that morning."

BLACK LIVES MATTER

It must be the Adams in his name that has made this man a suspect. Because his other two names, Massinissa and Akhenaton, are steeped in history, particularly the latter. It is clear to me that he didn't come from any
    peagh-peagh household. What went wrong?
    Last edited by Mosiah; December 4, 2007, 10:19 AM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Please elaborate.

Comment

Okay.

We know the name Adams, right? And how it is connected with some murderous acts over the years. Masinissa is some obscure Libyan king. Certainly, you know the name Akhenaton. The pharaoh is credited with the idea of monotheism at a time when rocks, trees, the sun and stars were worshipped.

I am saying that his parents must have had a certain level of education to come up with these names. It is not a fact, but the chances are...I mean he was not named Mosiah, or willi.
        Last edited by Mosiah; December 4, 2007, 10:11 AM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well said MOsiah I thought the same thing

We need to do a sociological study of crime and cause in Jamaica. I believe sometimes it is more than poverty.
          These spineless murders are too too rampant in a small society as ours.

Akhenaton

An Egyptian pharoh (1380-1362 BC), the predecessor of Tutankamen, and husband of Nefertiti, Akhenaton radically revised the Egyptian religious world by instituting a unique form of monotheism. His innovation temporarially ushered in a period of artistic freedom an innovention in Egypt known as Amarna Art

Amenhotep IV ruled at the height of Egypt's empire. He is remembered for combining the hundreds of deities worshipped in ancient Egypt into one overarching deity -- Aton Ra, a sun deity. Amenhotep then changed his own name to "Akhenaton" -- or servant of Aton. His radical change in religion was a direct challenge to the priestly caste. Priests were chosen by status at birth, and were guaranteed incredible power as the spokesmen (and women) of the gods. When Akhenaton declared Aton-Ra as the supreme god, he also declared that he himself was the sole spokesman of Aton-Ra. The priests suddenly found themselves out of favor, out of power, and effectively out of a job. They were not happy. Akhenaton, on the other hand, had effectively consolidated his power. The centralization of power, combined with a weakening of the age-old superstition, produced a boom in art and creativity known as Amarna Art.

an overview of Akhenaton's historic context
          A site on possible genetic problems of Akhenaton
          An entire site dedicated to Akhenaton

An official statue of Akhenaton as king.
          "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Okay.

We know the name Adams, right? And how it is connected with some murderous acts over the years. Masinissa is some obscure Libyan king. Certainly, you know the name Akhenaton. The pharoah is credited with the idea of monotheism at a time when rocks, trees, the sun and stars were worshipped.

I am saying that his parents must have had a certain level of education to come up with these names. It is not a fact, but the chances are...I mean he was not named Mosiah, or willi.
            Gotcha now! Point well made.

I was familiar with the name Amenhotep and so I did not follow you. I am not much of an Egyptologist anyway. King Tut and Nefertiti are the names that are most familiar to me. I think I saw the King Tut Mummy in London once...

Comment

Adams was inherited and follow the usual norm

While the other two names depict an elegance and sophistication ala if I should make a "non good" school guess, it seem to derive from the mother while Adams gives off a brutish (see Famous cop) male dominance. However, all three names are strongly associated with murder, war and massive egotism...I now see sometimes when different spiritualists and or psychologists associate names with behavior, personality,and place of origin. For example, someone name Samson..Strength, Devon...Caribbean with English background, Powell...Scottish.with a royal leaning. Shaquille...africanamerican male...Delroy... caribbean lineage and so on....

Names. Everyone has one, most people have a vague idea what their own means, but few give them much more thought. The study of names is called onomastics, a field which touches on linguistics, history, anthropology, pyschology, sociology, philology and much more.

When people refer to the "meaning of a name", they are most likely referring to the etymology, which is the original literal meaning.
              "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Numerologists associate names with the corresponding numbers.

Comment

Please elaborate

About this

Comment

one good thing, the newspaper put his picture in the paper... i could never understand why the pictures of criminal suspects and wanted men are never in the media...

i strongly support the security force taking fingerprints and pictures of every person arrested... it would assist in solving many crimes...
                    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

So Mosiah why yuh neva post him photo. Suppose him flee to Merica, Canada, Switzerland etc. we want to be able to identify him. Mek I go look and post the pic.
                      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Adams
                        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post

Adams
                          Him trim already. Everybody looking fi a dread, while him walking around as a bald head.
                          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

thank you mdmex... kinda suspicious of mosiah... and de alleged cop killa fava mosiah tuh... wonda if a him family memba... yuh si how mosiah quick fi seh adams mussi come from a 'good' background... hmmmmn....

Comment

cant watch dat.. if him trim, people who know him aguh really suspect him and de dread dem uppa papine aguh condemn him... well, suh we wudda like to believe... him features cyaan change...

Comment

Working...
                              X