What the rhatid a gwaan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the rhatid a gwaan?

I thought were were over this uncivilized stuff???

Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) team shot at - Three persons injured, one fatally in St Thomas attack
    published: Tuesday | December 4, 2007

Mark Beckford, Staff Reporter

Gunmen last night brazenly opened fire on Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) Member of Parliament for West St. Thomas, James Robertson, while he did last-minute campaigning for tomorrow's local government elections, injuring three persons in the process.
    The police confirmed that one man died in hospital last night from gunshot wounds.
    According to initial reports from the police, there was a JLP motorcade in the Seaforth area of the parish when, upon reaching Navarre Lane, shots were heard.
    Men running in bushes
    Robertson, who is Minister without Portfolio in the Office of the Prime Minister, told The Gleaner last night that he, local government representatives and members of his team were walking in Navarre Lane when they saw a group of six young men running in bushes.
    He said the men then opened fire on the group. "A gentleman to my left was shot in the head, my driver who was to my right was shot in his wrist, and a man who was behind me was shot in the back," Robertson said.
    'Rein in supporters'
    The minister said he knows the identity of the young men and claim they support the Opposition People's National Party (PNP). This was not confirmed by the police. Robertson has, however, called on the leadership of the PNP to rein in their supporters. He said he would be increasing his own security.
    This shooting comes over a week after the shooting of JLP councillor for the Rae Town division Rosalee Hamilton. Ms. Hamilton, who lives in the volatile Southside community in central Kingston, was sitting at her gate with a group when a lone gunman approached and shot at them. She was shot in her chest. She has since been released form hospital and on Sunday resumed campaigning for tomorrow's polls. mark.beckford@gleanerjm.com
    Last edited by Willi; December 4, 2007, 06:14 AM.

Originally posted by Willi View Post
    The minister said he knows the identity of the young men and claim they support the Opposition People's National Party (PNP). This was not confirmed by the police. Robertson has, however, called on the leadership of the PNP to rein in their supporters. He said he would be increasing his own security.
    Does he?!? I mean, it is highly likely that they are, but to go as far as saying that he "knows their identity", that they are PNP supporters when he may not actually know, is also explosive.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Frankly, nothing seems to be explosive in Jamaica anymore. We still trapped in dysfunctional menatl states.

Comment

he said he saw them running into the bushes... i have no other reason but to believe him... a strong message needs to be sent to deter these acts...
        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

yeah I give him the benefit of the doubt. If he knows who it then good and hope these criminals come off the road soon.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

james lucky(or fast) ..one to his left one to his right and one behind him all got shot......

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Some a dem too damn "DARK" Why yuh killing yuh neighbour because of politics.
              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
                Some a dem too damn "DARK" Why yuh killing yuh neighbour because of politics.
                Careful mi sistren, there are some ultrasensitive folks round here that may be offended.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

no a country we come from so them can excuse we fi lack of intelligence and vocabs
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh nevah si him first reach Mayor Mckenzie when him collapse from di tear gas..

Him quick bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      Does he?!? I mean, it is highly likely that they are, but to go as far as saying that he "knows their identity", that they are PNP supporters when he may not actually know, is also explosive.
                      I would think the cops should call on him...as he MUST give up those gunmen who he says he knows.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                      X