Is Everard Warmington a PNP MP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Everard Warmington a PNP MP?

If he is not then he sounds like he got the corruption thing down pat....It actually sounds a lot worst when you hear it on radio

Politician says no votes, no cheques Monday, 03 December 2007 State Minister in the Ministry of Housing Everard Warmington, on Sunday issued a warning to residents seeking hurricane relief.

Mr. Warmington said for persons in sections of St. Catherine to be qualified for the assistance, they MUST go out and cast their ballots in the local government polls on Wednesday.

Addressing party supporters on the campaign trail in Old Harbour Bay, Mr. Warmington who is the Member of Parliament, said he had advised Labour Minister Pearnel Charles, to withhold the cheques until after the election Monday, 03 December 2007 State Minister in the Ministry of Housing Everard Warmington, on Sunday issued a warning to residents seeking hurricane relief.

Mr. Warmington said for persons in sections of St. Catherine to be qualified for the assistance, they MUST go out and cast their ballots in the local government polls on Wednesday.

Addressing party supporters on the campaign trail in Old Harbour Bay, Mr. Warmington who is the Member of Parliament, said he had advised Labour Minister Pearnel Charles, to withhold the cheques until after the election
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
    If he is not then he sounds like he got the corruption thing down pat....It actually sounds a lot worst when you hear it on radio

Politician says no votes, no cheques Monday, 03 December 2007 State Minister in the Ministry of Housing Everard Warmington, on Sunday issued a warning to residents seeking hurricane relief.

Addressing party supporters on the campaign trail in Old Harbour Bay, Mr. Warmington who is the Member of Parliament, said he had advised Labour Minister Pearnel Charles, to withhold the cheques until after the election Monday, 03 December 2007 State Minister in the Ministry of Housing Everard Warmington, on Sunday issued a warning to residents seeking hurricane relief.

Addressing party supporters on the campaign trail in Old Harbour Bay, Mr. Warmington who is the Member of Parliament, said he had advised Labour Minister Pearnel Charles, to withhold the cheques until after the election
    But dis is a madman! Must be Nicholson cousin! LoL

Fire him backside!

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
      But dis is a madman! Must be Nicholson cousin! LoL

Fire him backside!
      All mi caan seh is; weh lazie deh? (wry smile!)
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Let us wait to see how the JLP deals with him. If he is not removed from his post den yuh can gloat.

Comment

What's the big deal? He didn't say vote for JLP or else.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You heard the clip on RJR? he spoke about the 3,000 votes in the Division
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

JLP distances itself from MP’s “vote for cheque” statement Monday, 03 December 2007 One senior Government Minister has rushed to diffuse a potentially explosive comment attributed to Member of Parliament for South West St. Catherine, Everard Warmington.

Many in political circles were left staggering by Mr. Warmington's address to Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) supporters in Old Harbour, St. Catherine on Sunday.

Mr. Warmington declared that beneficiaries in the hurricane relief programme will not receive their cheques until they cast their ballots on Wednesday.

He said he had instructed Labour Minister Pearnel Charles, to hold the cheques until after the election.

But Mr. Charles moved swiftly to distance himself and the Government from the statement.

He said anyone who suffered from the effects of Hurricane Dean, whether People's National Party (PNP) or JLP supporter would receive a benefit.

Mr. Charles said the withholding of cheques from anyone for political reasons would never happen.

Comment

Aaaah boy. Isn't this what the PNP would have done? Thought we were changing course. Silly of me to think that we were.

I expect Lazie to side with sense and decency on this issue. Maudib now will spew the usual vomit that makes light of the situation and excuses the rot. His good school taught him all that, I guess.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

But mi nuh unnastan.. nuh change of course dat ?

Moving from "VOTE FOR PNP TO RECEIVE BENEFITS"

To:

"VOTE TO RECEIVE BENEFITS"

Mi unnastan seh voting is Mandatory in Australia.

Me inna dat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    Aaaah boy. Isn't this what the PNP would have done? Thought we were changing course. Silly of me to think that we were.

I expect Lazie to side with sense and decency on this issue. Maudib now will spew the usual vomit that makes light of the situation and excuses the rot. His good school taught him all that, I guess.
                    Keeping it real, Warmington's statement was ridiculous and should be knocked for it. However, can any thinking person truely believe that a state minister can influence a minister not to carry out the orders of the Prime Minister?

Secondly, even though his statement was irresponsible, he did not say vote JLP, he asked that they go out and vote.

I do hope you all are aware that these checks are not being distributed by politicians, so Warmington was simply "talking" as the checks would be distributed by civil servants.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Jezas, Lazie man. He said this at a JLP rally! Yuh disappoint mi.

And I heard the actual tape this morning. Shameful!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        Jezas, Lazie man. He said this at a JLP rally! Yuh disappoint mi.

And I heard the actual tape this morning. Shameful!
                        I said he was wrong, the minister has distanced the gov't from the statement. I didn't hear the tape, did he say dem naah get the checks unless dem vote JLP? Apparently RJR reported it wrong on their website.
                        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Well, he was speaking to a JLP crowd, Lazie! DUH!! And di whole a dem a rail up inna dem bat ty rider and a gwaan.

Distancing themselves is not good enuff!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

now you have lost all credibility... and decency too... yuh nuh surprise mi anymore... what do you mean by 'he should be knocked for it'... pray tell... and i held out a glimmer of hope for you... i couldn't be more wrong... check your soul...
                            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Change is Good !!

Heh, heh.

Comment

Working...
                              X