PM says he will not apologise for termite comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM says he will not apologise for termite comment

Prime Minister Bruce Golding says he has no intention of apologising for the statement he made at his party's recent annual conference regarding the Opposition.

The comment resulted in the Opposition refusing to participate in bi-partisan talks.

Opposition leader, Portia Simpson Miller said she was offended by the Prime Minister's comment that members of the Opposition seemed to have termites eating their brains.

Mr. Golding says he is disappointed that the opposition leader has declined an invitation to meet to discuss matters of national importance.

He said comments were made by members of the Opposition while on the government side of the House and his party members did not run and hide but got on with their business.

Mr. Golding also suggested that this may have been a way for the opposition to find an excuse not to meet with the new administration.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    Mr. Golding also suggested that this may have been a way for the opposition to find an excuse not to meet with the new administration.
    ...or the other way around.

I thought Portia made a big deal about the termite comment. People say all sorts of things at party conferences to rile up their ignorant supporters. I am sure the PNP has said things that were at least as "bad" as the termite jab.

Time for them to meet. I agree - no apology needed.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
    X