RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JUTC cut cost 50%. How is that possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JUTC cut cost 50%. How is that possible?

JUTC implements cost cutting strategy Monday, 03 December 2007 Cost cutting measures implemented at the Urban Transit Company (JUTC) appear to have had some effect.

RJR News has been informed that the state-run bus company which suffers financial losses of $190 million monthly will see that figure reduced by 50 per this month.

This is based on figures contained in the company's financial accounts.

Company officials are now looking at additional ways to improve the JUTC's financial status.

The which has been mandated by the Government to turn around the company's operations within 18 months has embarked on a stringent cost saving plan.

It includes cutting the staff complement.

Over the next two weeks more than 300 excess workers at the JUTC are to be given pink slips as the company moves to streamline operations.

Members of the have been included.

Since the Board was appointed two months ago, 10 have been axed.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    JUTC implements cost cutting strategy Monday, 03 December 2007 Cost cutting measures implemented at the Urban Transit Company (JUTC) appear to have had some effect.

RJR News has been informed that the state-run bus company which suffers financial losses of $190 million monthly will see that figure reduced by 50 per this month.

This is based on figures contained in the company's financial accounts.

Company officials are now looking at additional ways to improve the JUTC's financial status.

The which has been mandated by the Government to turn around the company's operations within 18 months has embarked on a stringent cost saving plan.

It includes cutting the staff complement.
    It bigs up staff cutting!

Members of the have been included.
    Something missing here?
    Possible "executives" and or "officers" and or "managers"?

Certainly goes on to mention

Since the Board was appointed two months ago, 10 have been axed.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Send dem severance check to Cash-Plus.

300 Excess workers ??!!

Ah suh Govt rich ?

Karl, yuh people dem nuh easy babba.

Comment

What exactly are you saying.. be clear Karl.

Wi change course.. di waste and innefficiency model nuh factor into our new dispensation..

Wi ah guh show yuh how to run Govt and how to run a country.. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tek notes this time..

Comment

I guess other than KArl, the other jokers gonna bypass this one. Mi all a hear say man a get paid 6 times fi duh one job according to the new NSWMA exec.

Yet some poppyshows hoping and praying that the PNP get back in?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

If them axe 10 people and save that money mi say axe 20 then
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Mi not even feel sorry fi dem.

Comment

I thought we didn't have the intelligence to run the country?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

wi nuh reach deh suh yet.

Wi ah crawl out a di hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                    What exactly are you saying.. be clear Karl.
                    Answering Sass question using his post!
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

you said it, not me. changing course with that opinion too, huh?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes I said it.

If you do not understand it.. ask.

Comment

I understood it perfectly well. I also understand that you are contradicting yourself.

Surprise!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh understand nothing.

Just ask.

He who knows not and knows not he knows not.. dem seh a fool.

But mi nah shun.

Lifting yuh foot off di brakes is not the same things as accelerating.

Comment

What would I have to do to get you to shun mi?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X