No announcement yet.

KC boys must be back in class today, Holness orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idiot! I asked a question. You either answer it or keep the fock away from my posts.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
      no lazie... as a beneficiary of michael manley's free education, i support the effort to provide free education for high school students... however, there was a reason it was abandoned by the then pnp govt... that reason still exists today... the jlp gov't in recognizing the benefits of the pnp free ed initiative has decided to implement the system...

the problem is the environmental lanscape has changed significantly since the pnp had free educaton... there are a lot more schools and jamaica's contribution to debt servicing has grown exponentially making it more challenging to service free ed, while maintaining other critical services...

its one thing to say you will do and then actually do... the fact is the jlp has not come out and outlined how they plan to fund this free education... secondly and specifically, from my understanding the fees in question is not covered by the govt...

The boys were sent home from school on Thursday for the non-payment of school fees amounting to $15,000 and were told not to return until the fees were paid or arrangements made to pay them.

it appears that the fees are not covered by the govt... if such is the case the principal is within his right to do as he has done...

they have an option, pay or make an arrangement... whats wrong with that... sounds reasonable and prudent...

if the gov't wants to make a committment on behalf of the students, they should do so, not just talk... afterall, it was their promise declaration to cover all secondary school fees, remember...

the principal has a school to operate just the same...
      These other fees vary throughout the island. The PM and MoE asked that the parents pay these fees, but insisted that the children should not be turned away if the parents cannot pay. The MoE indicated they would be sitting down to get all these fees in line. Therefore, the actions of Mr. Hemmings is a clear violation of the gov't policy.

This not not only a 6th form problem as it was happening at an all girls school in my parish.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Watchya !

Moderators !!!

Man ah pull a Adams pon mi !

Comment

Working...
        X