High-risk investors have no legal backing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Disagree Willi. When Robertson is going to tell John Public that he had no expenses for the election, then how is that different? The point is he is not willing to be forthcoming about where he got his money from, when the question did not even go that deep. Simply asking how much he spent and he has to lie, then what it they wanted to know the source?!?!

It would be quite naive and silly of us to act like the JLP does not take money from questionable sources and from people who expect govt. favours when they assume office. As much as I hit out against Trafigura and I am still doing so, it cannot be treated as an isolated event.
    THAT IS NOT EVIDENCE. Neither is it indicative of bribery.

I agree I am NOT pleased by it either and I had my reservations about him too (from a tip off by you). LoL
    I personally know the family has tons of money and perhaps he wants to downplay that. I can easily see him buying his way into big time politics and wanting to hide this fact. However, going forward, I would like to see this requirement backed up by legal teeth. 14 JLP and 12 PNP declarations are a joke.

Trafigura is direct state bribery with documents giving powerful evidence, plus conflicting statements form the principals. We also have the Dutch Govt seeking to pursue the case based on their own evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Yuh young!

...but, if you mean Brucie's current JLP....give it time! As I have said, not once but a 'million times' we are 'one degree of separation'...and, that must mean tief and adda corrupt man and 'owman dem innah booaaat party dem!

Partisan politics dictates that the spoils of war go to the winners. JLP was shut out for a loooonng while. We have to watch them carefully now so that they dont "dip".

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
        Trafigura is direct state bribery with documents giving powerful evidence, plus conflicting statements form the principals. We also have the Dutch Govt seeking to pursue the case based on their own evidence.
        Interesting comment?
        What is 'state bribery'?
        Is this the same as 'bribery of an individual' or 'bribery of individuals'?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Not all of them are the same. Most certainly are crazy. Cash Plus looks fishy.

Olint is interesting...I will give you one clue..."fractional reserve system" (refer to the US Federal reserve). No guarantee, but this one may just be legit, but wont last forever either.
          ...and, am I to assume that when the 'holding bank'/bank with which an Olint does business...refuses to allow 'more credit' - what then...'the wont last forever' of which you speak?

How long has our Olint been in the business of giving the 'super interests'?
          Last edited by Karl; December 2, 2007, 03:20 PM.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Interesting comment?
            What is 'state bribery'?
            Is this the same as 'bribery of an individual' or 'bribery of individuals'?
            When a foreign Corp bribes Govt officials to keep a contract that is coming up for renewal.

You seem to be buying the donation samfie. Go read what Trafigura said!

Comment

When a foreign Corp bribes Govt officials to keep a contract that is coming up for renewal.

You seem to be buying the donation samfie. Go read what Trafigura said!
              Donation/bribe?
              What's the difference?
              Something was given and taken for something paid for/expected!

In my mind it is always the individual or the individuals who are bribed. Matters not what it is about! Something is given <---> for expected giving back of some other thing!

Comment

Karl you are going on the assumption that money pumped into the JLP election campaign was done so with an expectation other than a better business climate being achieved.

Comment

this is shaping up to be the biggest scandal in jamaica history... some prominent people are going to be forced to answer some serious questions... i only hope jamaica has not exposed itself to any international sanctions... 40-120% roi over 12 months smells like only one thng... money laundering... where do they invest to earn those returns... i would like to know, well i think i do and its not legal...
                  'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Donation/bribe?
                    What's the difference?
                    Something was given and taken for something paid for/expected!

In my mind it is always the individual or the individuals who are bribed. Matters not what it is about! Something is given <---> for expected giving back of some other thing!

Individual??

Hahahahah

Word is that it was campaign kitty bribe (after private cuts). When that was cut, pressure was put on Bulbie.

As I said, if you have evidence of JLP bribes bring it and lock dem up too!

And I repeat, donation is not same as bribe. Bribes are never legit...donations CAN be.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                      Karl you are going on the assumption that money pumped into the JLP election campaign was done so with an expectation other than a better business climate being achieved.
                      Yes!
                      ...a pay down to government MPs and the JLP for - future government contracts, being put in position of influence to 'swing things' towards those who bought - contracts, facilitate and expedite processing of movement of goods (including cash, formation of certain entities, continued operations of entites under pressure by government depts, etc., etc?)...

Yes! The assumption is there is no free hand out (gift/bribe!)!

Comment

The biggest scandal in Jamaican history was the last 18 years.

Nutting cyan touch dat.

Comment

I am a prophet.

Comment

good thing yuh tell us....i for one would have overlooked that observation. thanks for pointing it out.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

You are welcome.

Comment

Prophet Phinn ?

Comment

Working...
                                X