Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willi, one principle in physics is that

water finds its level.

Jamaica as a county has had 46 years of relatively stable democratic rule, now wars, no coups. We are posititioned strategically beside a Superpower and possess many natural resources.

When one looks at the economic growth numbers of those 46 years and the social decay and disorder after those 46 years and the CURRENT sentiments being expressed to this day one has to say.. well, have we found our water mark ?

After years of railing and questioning and comparisons I am drawing near to a conclusion.

The reason we cannot be a 'Singapore' seems to lie in the lack of intelligence.

in·tel·li·gence (ĭn-těl'ə-jəns) Pronunciation Key
    n.

The capacity to acquire and apply knowledge.

Individuals in the society can matriculate through the school system (certain parts of it) and then go on to Harvard and MIT and Standford etc and be successful individuals.... but invariably others make use of that knowledge.

The National capacity to acquire and apply knowledge is woefully inadequate.

Until that is significantly addressed we will forever be talking about the 'potential' of this and the 'potential' of that.

I mean we can't even make proper use of our Diaspora (one our largest assets).

The next 5 years I think will determine if it is 'hopeless' situation.

Cant argue with that, except I would substitute intelligence for mentality.

Your message is harsh, but there is enough evidence to support it.

Comment

Mi nah back down from Intelligence..

Jamaica lacks intelligence.

Comment

Working...
      X