• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class warfare an illusion

Class warfare an illusion

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Dear Editor,

I am very perturbed by the response of the opposition leader to the prime minister's statements at his party's annual conference.

I have watched, listened to and keenly observed the words and actions of the opposition leader and her party since their defeat at the polls, and it is clear that the PNP is only interested in regaining power by any means. With Mrs Simpson Miller raising the spectacle of there being a brewing class warfare, one cannot help but ask, "To whom in the society does the opposition leader feels inferior?" Also, "With whom is she fighting this bombastic warfare?"

This is nothing more than a cheap shot being propagated by the opposition leader and her party. This class warfare that the opposition leader made reference to is nothing but an illusion and is only an attempt by those who seem to be bent on using race, class and all sorts of divisive factors to set black people against each other. I climbed from the lowest strata of the Jamaican class structure and I, along with millions more like me, have never felt and will never feel inferior to anyone. The divide and conquer politics must be 'slain with a dull axe and buried in a deep hole'.

We must reject any politician who seeks to use sensitive issues such as race or class for political expediency.
    Jamaicans have suffered long and hard from this tribalistic culture. It is time for a constructive order where citizens are not burdened by the cynicism of the few who believe that the world is out to get them, but are rather energised with a positive frame of mind and the will to make Jamaica a better place.

Arthneil Scott
    arscott638@yahoo.com

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Class warfare an illusion

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Dear Editor,

I am very perturbed by the response of the opposition leader to the prime minister's statements at his party's annual conference.

I have watched, listened to and keenly observed the words and actions of the opposition leader and her party since their defeat at the polls, and it is clear that the PNP is only interested in regaining power by any means. With Mrs Simpson Miller raising the spectacle of there being a brewing class warfare, one cannot help but ask, "To whom in the society does the opposition leader feels inferior?" Also, "With whom is she fighting this bombastic warfare?"

This is nothing more than a cheap shot being propagated by the opposition leader and her party. This class warfare that the opposition leader made reference to is nothing but an illusion and is only an attempt by those who seem to be bent on using race, class and all sorts of divisive factors to set black people against each other. I climbed from the lowest strata of the Jamaican class structure and I, along with millions more like me, have never felt and will never feel inferior to anyone. The divide and conquer politics must be 'slain with a dull axe and buried in a deep hole'.

We must reject any politician who seeks to use sensitive issues such as race or class for political expediency.
    Jamaicans have suffered long and hard from this tribalistic culture. It is time for a constructive order where citizens are not burdened by the cynicism of the few who believe that the world is out to get them, but are rather energised with a positive frame of mind and the will to make Jamaica a better place.

Arthneil Scott
    arscott638@yahoo.com
    There is class warfare...it is the matter of how the war is fought and the peace won that should occupy us.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      With Mrs Simpson Miller raising the spectacle of there being a brewing class warfare, one cannot help but ask, "To whom in the society does the opposition leader feels inferior?"
      The ignorant writer should realise that recognition of class warfare does not necessarily imply that one feels inferior to anyone. What crap!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Cheers ARTHNEIL. Some people are just insecure and have an inferiority complex. Before dem learn to love themself dem prefer to lash out at every perceived slight. Poor dem.

Comment

Yuh stay deh bout Class Warfare.

Is Class Warfare kill the ACP ?

Is Class warfare kill 13,000 over the past 10 years ?

Get your *&)(# head out of the 70's and wake the f*&) up.

Comment

Working...
          X