No announcement yet.

The anti-JC bias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop beg business Leadership.. Campion dominate those ranks comprehensively.

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
      there is no societal bias against jc... to whom much is given, much is expected... jc has long been considered an elite high school... much is expected from the 'elite' traditional high schools, as in a higher standard in discipline and academic performance...

while these tragedies occur in other schools, it is to be expected that the association with jc or any other so called 'elite' school with generate tremendous negative publicity... its the nature of the beast...

i do agree with willi on the writer's victim complex...
      I wasn't addressing the specific case that Michael Burke referenced or associating that with bias but I agree with him that certain elements/individuals in the society have an anti-JC orientation. I then hypothesize as to the origin of this perceived bias ... as is my wont.

Many people hold their high school allegiances close and still have that HS experience which with many of us was GREAT and FORMATIVE, influence their judgments decades after leaving school. I see that even here in NY.

Some examples .... I used to run the JC alumni group here and routinely attend other school alumni functions and interact with members at all levels. Believe me when my massive show up to support a KC function ..... sparks fly ..... without us saying a word or making a move.... just by virtue of an appearance. Our personal KC friends present routinely have to intercede on our behalf. That doesn't occur at any other school function we attend.

When Jeff Barnes (KC alumnus who has a radio program here) was asked to make a public service announcement regarding an official annual function of our organization ( a registered tax exempt corporation) and was given an appropriate outline of the event, his on air announcement (ignoring our supplied script) was to the effect:

"Some boys from JC may be having a dinner dance tomorrow at Freeport Yacht Club. I don't have the details but look out for that."
      Mek wi look like frias boss ... mash wi up but we can't say he didn't make an announcement.

I see it and I live it. I am not saying that the bias is widespread but in tiny societies like ours you only need a few influential individuals leaning one way or another to have tremendous impact.

We can always disagree on the matter if you see it otherwise.
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
        Steeeuuuppps.

Wrong Blue...that is all that needs to be said. LoL
        Could this contribution be from the washed out blue?

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

[QUOTE=Baddaz;66004] i think considering the dispropotionate representation of leadership and authority figures in jamaica by jc (per don1), it goes to reason that the problems of jamaica should be attributed to jamaica college... weh yuh tink...

I sort of made that point myself.

However one could also say that if JC alumni are the best of what Jamaica has to offer by virtue of consistently rising to the top in public service......... God help us and our condition if lesser mortals had been in charge all along. Haiti anyone?
          Last edited by Don1; December 2, 2007, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
            Could this contribution be from the washed out blue?
            Sky Blues to you buster. LoL

We are the Dragonslayers.

Comment

Respect is due to St. Georges.

Comment

don1... sorry about that... hush...

lol... seriously, as an adult i've never had that experience - the sparks fly variety requiring interceding by others... thats a bit extreme... perhaps you need to be more selective of the personnel with whom you share space... i routinely have to defend kc and have engaged in passionate discussions but more on the friendly spirited type... i hope you don't take it so personal...

'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

heh heh, you said it don1... well put... on another topic, congratulations to jc on breaking that 33 yr drought and winning the manning cup... it was nice to see a traditional high school winning the cup... enough of these newcomers... tyad a dem... yes i said it...

Comment

washed out blue... i've got to admit that the dark blue of jc is ugly... downright ugly... my opinion...

Comment

lol... seriously, as an adult i've never had that experience - the sparks fly variety requiring interceding by others... thats a bit extreme... perhaps you need to be more selective of the personnel with whom you share space... i routinely have to defend kc and have engaged in passionate discussions but more on the friendly spirited type... i hope you don't take it so personal...

Absolutely no hard feelings bredrin. We maintain the greatest respek for(tis) the purples and your achievements ..... beyond impressive. The KC massive is the most passionate about their school ... bar none. Sometimes it does go overboard but .... evryting still criss!
                      In fact we wish that we could generate that level of passion for the college consistently and not just when things are going well.

Respek to the bone bredrin.

Comment

The Colour Purple

[QUOTE=Baddaz;66163]washed out blue... i've got to admit that the dark blue of jc is ugly... downright ugly... my opinion...[/QUOTE]

Doan draw mi tongue pon di colour issue!!

BTW how would you have felt wearing a full purple uniform to school? Honestly now!
                        Blue on blue was a real fashion faux pas but purple on purple?? The whole ah St. Hughs woulda come to Hope Rd. and join St. Andrews singing (to) the Blues!

On another note, which occupation is most closely associated with purple? The answer is not acting.

I imagine that a hatred of dark blue and dragons is genetically encoded on KC students and their heirs and successors.
                        Last edited by Don1; December 2, 2007, 08:54 PM.

Comment

heh heh, you said it don1... well put... on another topic, congratulations to jc on breaking that 33 yr drought and winning the manning cup... it was nice to see a traditional high school winning the cup... enough of these newcomers... tyad a dem... yes i said it...
                          Give thanks for the congrats. I used to say it was good for the game when newer schools started to win but yes enough is enough.

Balance in life is a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                          X