Thats what mi nuh rate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats what mi nuh rate.

Its really FOCKED UP that over 1,000 people lost their lives since this year, but people only see the need fi express outrage and concern when a police officer get killed. What is this? Animal Farm? Must!!! Because some people clearly thing that police more equal than the rest of us.

The other day a 12 or 13 year old was raped, stick pushed up inside of her, then she was strangled. Where is the outrage?

Derrick Smith missing from when, all of a sudden him appear. Whey the focking crime plan deh? Peter Phillips was nowhere to be found, but as soon as police get killed him reappear. Some a unuh amaze me to rahtid.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

What exactly should Peter Phillips have been doing?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      What exactly should Peter Phillips have been doing?
      In order for us not to misunderstand each other after my response, lets declare certain positions. Are you one of those that think the life of a police officer is of more value than that of a regular citizen?

Its not an attempt to answer your question with a question, just covering certain bases before responding.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I agree 100%, as some lives are more important that others in the eyes of many of "us".
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Of course not. Any person following my posts over the years must have realised this. Once you believe in human rights, you can never hold such a position. I "bawl" for the "least" among us.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

di policeman brown? want to set some parameters.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Of course not. Any person following my posts over the years must have realised this. Once you believe in human rights, you can never hold such a position. I "bawl" for the "least" among us.
              Okay! My problem with Peter here is that 26 people got killed over the weekend, 12 got killed since week and is since these officers got killed he is asking citizens to come forward with information. Where was he when the others got killed?

Every life is precious and I'm ****************ed that people are more upset when police get killed.

Comment

The explanation that some will give you is that when a policeman is killed it represents an attack on the State. Fine. I can appreciate the difference, even though I really don't agree. Yes, the state is attacked (apart from when the cop is involved in some mix-up) but at the end of the day a human life is lost. Brutally and unnecessarily.

My problem with bringing up this "state" factor is, whe aren't we concerned when the State murders it own citizens!? Why is that okay?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I think the stock explanation is that when high ranking police are killed or important poliyticians and their families, it implies that the criminals have carte blanche to attack anyone with impunity.

My take is that given the numbers we have, they ALREADY had de-facto carte blanche.

Comment

hold up... lazie and all others who fail to recognize the difference between a policeman being killed and the 'ordinary' citizen...

first, the killing of a policeman is different because the policeman puts his life on the line to protect the ordinary citizen... he represents the law... if the protector of the citizens is being routinely attacked then what is the expectation for the 'common' citizen...

of course more attention and outrage should be exhibited to the murdering of the enforcers of the law... if you and anyone else cannot see the distinction, then you are all lost...

no one, ordinary citizens or sworn protector of the citizens should be murdered... however, the law enforcement should definitely be untouchable and society should not shy away from that standard... to do so would be giving in to criminality making way for anarchy...

check yuhself!
                    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Not really...see my post.

Is it worse to have a Supe killed and 1300 muders, or to have no Supe killed and 2600 murders???

America has had several presidents killed, but their per capita murder rate is better than ours.

Comment

The explanation that some will give you is that when a policeman is killed it represents an attack on the State. Fine. I can appreciate the difference, even though I really don't agree. Yes, the state is attacked (apart from when the cop is involved in some mix-up) but at the end of the day a human life is lost. Brutally and unnecessarily.

My problem with bringing up this "state" factor is, whe aren't we concerned when the State murders it own citizens!? Why is that okay?!?!

...but, the truth is the state is under attack when each and every life is at risk. So when ordinary citizens...and, in this case there is nothing 'ordinary' about the citizen...are being attacked and killed the state is under attack to the same degree as when members of the security forces are being attacked and killed...and that means even if they are involved in illegal activities.

It is the proliferation of illegal activities, which often includes and or end with a killing, that is as fact 'the state under attack'!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
                          hold up... lazie and all others who fail to recognize the difference between a policeman being killed and the 'ordinary' citizen...

first, the killing of a policeman is different because the policeman puts his life on the line to protect the ordinary citizen... he represents the law... if the protector of the citizens is being routinely attacked then what is the expectation for the 'common' citizen...

of course more attention and outrage should be exhibited to the murdering of the enforcers of the law... if you and anyone else cannot see the distinction, then you are all lost...

no one, ordinary citizens or sworn protector of the citizens should be murdered... however, the law enforcement should definitely be untouchable and society should not shy away from that standard... to do so would be giving in to criminality making way for anarchy...

check yuhself!
                          Are you for REALLLL? I cannot believe someone could mek such a post. Yet people come yah come fuss bout equality? What do you mean by "routinely attacked"? Duh the math. You'll see that police are significantly safer than an ordinary citizen. If you want to think that a police officer's life is of more value than yours .. well ... feel free. Its such attitude that mek some a dem feel dem can treat the rest of us like s h i t because they're (what the word yuh use?) untouchable. What the fornication?

As for me, he is just another Jamaican that choose to be a police officer instead of being a taxi driver. People get killed a Jamaica everyday todate over 1000 ... I heard of a taxi driver that was asked to stop at a spot where only the JUTC buses should stop. He indicated to the passenger that him cannot stop there, then stop where he could legally stop.

When yuh see him ask him about the potential anarchy if police are not treated as untouchables. Wait ... that nuh possible, the disguntled passenger after exiting the car paid him with a bullet in the head.

Gwaan live yuh life in the world of Animal Farm Baddaz ... pity.

Comment

If this was aimed at my outrage then you are more focked up that you appear...and worst than even Maudib.

Gilbert as some one I knew personally as he is from Westmoreland and one of my exes uncles.

Not because everyone dont come here anmd expose every single thouhgt it dont mean we dont bleed for every murder or death.

The fact is that Gilly is the highest ranking police officer that has been murdered in this way...what the media has not pointed out is that at least six of the 17 police officers killed this year, have been killed in this manner in the last month or so.

Then again you dont live here and dont have to do business here so you dont have anything to fear for in going about your daily routine.
                            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                              If this was aimed at my outrage then you are more focked up that you appear...and worst than even Maudib.

Gilbert as some one I knew personally as he is from Westmoreland and one of my exes uncles.

Not because everyone dont come here anmd expose every single thouhgt it dont mean we dont bleed for every murder or death.

The fact is that Gilly is the highest ranking police officer that has been murdered in this way...what the media has not pointed out is that at least six of the 17 police officers killed this year, have been killed in this manner in the last month or so.

Then again you dont live here and dont have to do business here so you dont have anything to fear for in going about your daily routine.
                              Sickko, its time you stop acting like a sick B I T C H!!! Yuh tek yuhself too focking serious. If I was addressing you, you SICK FOCK!!! I would have responded to your post. Did you mention Derrick or Peter Phillips in yuh post?

Comment

Working...
                              X