Gov't secrets and the dollar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Karl, Lazie and Maudib never tell yuh say nutten nuh wrong wid wha Golding duh? 'Ow yuh 'ard 'ears suh!?!? Cho!
    Thanks ... sometimes yuh head nuh too tuff!
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
      i wonder if lazie see this article... martin henry basically articulated my points ten folds better than i could have ever imagined...

This is not the kind of thing which a responsible government broadcasts, however much it desires to damage its opponents.

it is speculation in the money markets of a globalised, electronically connected world which really determines the value of money, not raw economic performance.

Golding's indiscretion has enormous repercussions with respect to speculative pressure on the already weak and falling Jamaican dollar.

The words, and even the moving lips of leaders, move currencies. (e.g. alan greenspan)

he (golding) may well have launched by his political point scoring indiscretion 'a bruk wey' slide of the local currency.

Every state and its government has to hold secrets if it is to be governed at all. And there is a code of honour not to divulge these secrets with change of administration.

Baddaz, even though Mr. Henry saying the same thing as you, dosent' mean that both of you are correct. How long now did Bruce make the rate known? How has it impacted on the dollar todate? Omar basically pulled a ninga tactic, throwing up smokescreens after he was cornered.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

lazie... willi might disagree but i strongly believe golding went where he didn't need to go with his divulgence...

as martin said, This is not the kind of thing which a responsible government broadcasts, however much it desires to damage its opponents.

martin has essentially said, bruce has established a precedent and he will be forced to divulge how he arrived at his budget... now if his budget is based on a certain rate, its the speculators dream... not exactly the ideal, in my opinion... however, some will say thats not important... i will continue to disagree...
        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

you can ask for some balance from mi laborite fren dem pon de forum
          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
            lazie... willi might disagree but i strongly believe golding went where he didn't need to go with his divulgence...

as martin said, This is not the kind of thing which a responsible government broadcasts, however much it desires to damage its opponents.

martin has essentially said, bruce has established a precedent and he will be forced to divulge how he arrived at his budget... now if his budget is based on a certain rate, its the speculators dream... not exactly the ideal, in my opinion... however, some will say thats not important... i will continue to disagree...

Forced? Come on now! Forced how? I'm yet to hear Ralston Hyman, the BIGGEST doubter of this gov't say anything about it. Creating a fuss about this is like a dog chasing a car. I haven't seen where it has caused the $ to be under any more pressure than it was before. Just admit that Omar got exposed.

As a matter of fact, yuh notice there is no more blaming the gov't for the slide of the dollar? Door slam SHUT!!

Comment

It is becoming clear how the PNP Anancy Govt was able to rule for 18 years..

I know not everyone can go to a good school.. but My God.. this is pathetic.

At first I thought it was typical propoganda tactics.. but it appears these mouthpieces actually believe this electioneering nonsense.

Wow.

Comment

Working...
              X