Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ms Dorothy Lightbourne

seems one serious woman.

She a make a whole heap a moves, Why Bruce never just throw the Minister of Securtiy her way too?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

True. She could not do any worse than the present MONS.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

she is a veteran and a no nonsense person fi true. i have worked with her and while she is sof spoken and looks like everyone's grandma...she is a serious serious woman!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

A those women me love - soft spoken, no nonsence.
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          seems one serious woman.

She a make a whole heap a moves, Why Bruce never just throw the Minister of Securtiy her way too?
          Wonder if you realize the moves she is making are plans ... no .. as Mosiah and Sickko call dem "promises" of the JLP? If Delroy Chuck was Justice Minister these plans would have been implemented too.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Yuh quick to remember those promises that are kept, but yuh doan joke fi mek a hasty retreat when they are broken.

A nuh nutten. Duh yuh ting boss.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Yuh quick to remember those promises that are kept, but yuh doan joke fi mek a hasty retreat when they are broken.

A nuh nutten. Duh yuh ting boss.
              Funny, everytime I ask which promises were broken, unuh gwaan like unuh nuh see the post. Again, which promises have been broken by the new gov't? And please don't guh missing like Peejay now.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

seems one serious woman.

As we saw in various instances...not in all 'their doings'...the road to hell is (sometimes) paved with good intentions!

This woman gives me the creeps.
                Zealot?
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  As we saw in various instances...not in all 'their doings'...the road to hell is (sometimes) paved with good intentions!

This woman gives me the creeps.
                  Zealot?
                  Zealot? No ... labourite!

What good intentions did the PNP start out with in 89? Suh how the fornication we end up here? Yuh read Peter R's post?

Comment

I can't say Chuck woulda,coulda. Having a plan and implementing it is a different thing.

Ms Lightbourne is not only implementing it but is standing up and taking responsiblity and asking others to. Can't say that bout the security minister.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I can't say Chuck woulda,coulda. Having a plan and implementing it is a different thing.

Ms Lightbourne is not only implementing it but is standing up and taking responsiblity and asking others to. Can't say that bout the security minister.
                      Its not a matter of woulda coulda bredren. There were numerous times Delroy Chuck, Dr. Gomes and Mrs. Sobers were discussing how to deal with these police killings. Go back to the JLP's manifesto and you'll see that it was proposed there .... also remember the first thing Dorothy did was call a meeting with the human rights organisations (yes ... KArl not Criminal Rights). This was something Delroy always said AJ should be doing.

Comment

As I said it is not the planning but the implementation and the right person is doing the job. Yes it is in the manifesto and nufff people have been saying these thing should have happen including the PNP but Ms. Lightbourne is taking action as needed and I have to commend her for that. It seems like she facing some opposition especially from people in her department but she is moving.

Comment

Yuh don't know? Nuh you post someting bout it yesterday? One word for you - JUTC.

And then there was the promise to have a smaller cabinet.

And then there was the promise to return school fees right away. All now dat nuh duh!

And then there was the promise to stop the pork barrel politics.

And there was the promise to cut out corruption. Well, I call tampering with the PSC corruption.

There are other stuff that the JLP is trying to find a way to weasel out of, like legitimising Cash Plus and other schemes.

And we have only just begun.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

mek wi start wid this...weh
                            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

weh di crime plan deh... the prime minister said he had one... thought we would have seen it by now...
                              'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Working...
                              X