RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

check this buju interview... very good read...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check this buju interview... very good read...

http://www.backayard.com/6b.pdf
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

He always has a lot to say in his interviews. I notice recently he been complaining about this Jamaican brown artiste/black artiste thing. I guess it must be a bigger issue than I thought.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The issue is real! And the election might have a thing or two to do with it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        The issue is real! And the election might have a thing or two to do with it.
        Yes the issue is real. BUJU had been making mediocre music and bunning ********************man on stage previous to TOO BAD and then had the gaul to complain about Sean Paul being more successful than him. But I forget it's easier to just blame it on being black when you fail. Oh well.

Comment

the issue is as real as we want to make it.

A just spoke to a brethren who I use to help promote some shows back in the days and he told he got out because of the slackness by the artists. One top artist tell him he will not perform unless he let his gunmen through and this is after my friend hired a big security firm.

He had to pick up a artist at Airport and drop him at a spot and there was nothing but the gunmen there and the artist and them were taking nothing but pictures. I only say this because the way how some of our artist approach the music business will get them nowhere.

If they are willing to work regardless of everything, take advantage of oppurtunity when given to them they can rise to the top. Berres may not have an international contract but not many artists with contract make his money on a yearly basis.

It is not all about black and white but partly about professionalism and wanting it.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

interesting....wonder how red rat and shaggy feel?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Me glad for you input in the discussion as a man who is close to the business.

It seems as if Buju is talking about Sean Paul and Shaggy, but apart from their complexion they seem to be two of the more professional acts out there. Maybe is people like Tami Chin that him take offense to, but like I say i don't know much about the business side of it.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                It seems as if Buju is talking about Sean Paul and Shaggy, but apart from their complexion they seem to be two of the more professional acts out there.
                Why do they seem more professional?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Not warring with each and every artiste over who drive what and who tek whey whose gal, not many shady characters around them (or that is my perspective), give good intelligent interviews regardless of who the audience is, understand that image is probably more important than talent in the multimedia age of music, etc etc.

Not saying they were the only ones like that, but compared to say Beenie and Bounty...

Comment

Not that they seem "seem more professional"

You have some Artists that are much easier to work with, You ask them fi go studio them show up on time, you ask them to do radio interview and they are there. There is one special artist who is not recording for anyone unless them go get everything in place including the song and him show up fi a hour and demand big money up front, while some artists will work with you and that is what international company want as they give the artist money upfront and you have to work hard to make it back.

Mi pick a artist and a carry him go studio and the first thing a man do is pull out him spliff. Sight on a Airport a pull pon him spliff in a parking lot inside a van. Just as you talk bout customer service it is good when you get a pleasant answer and people know you are human as it goes a far way in making that decision.

You remember a company wanted Ninja but he was keeping up his antics and they went for the next best Mad Cobra and we know what happen.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                    X