Shaw challenges Davies to debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaw challenges Davies to debate

Finance Minister Audley Shaw has challenged Opposition Counterpart Dr. Omar Davies to a debate on fiscal management. Mr. Shaw told Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) supporters in Woodford Park, South East St. Andrew Tuesday night that Dr. Davies is a "man who have plenty chat" but promised that he would soon "clip him wing".

"You know what I did with him in the debate coming up to the general elections, and since him going on like him bad again, look like him want to tek on Man a Yard for another debate," Mr. Shaw said.

"Well, tell him to come if him want to debate in the public square anytime between now and next week Monday or Tuesday. I, Audley Shaw, otherwise known as Man a Yard, will tek him on and I will tek him out again," he added.

Clash

Mr. Shaw and Dr. Davies had clashed in a pre-general election debate and many political watchers had given Mr. Shaw victory. If this debate takes place, Mr. Shaw expects no different.

Mr. Shaw is seemingly angered by comments directed at him by Dr. Davies, the former Minister of Finance, who last week referred to his successor as an "empty shell".

However, that was not the only concern the new Finance Minister had with his predecessor. He said Dr. Davies committed "an act of deception" by keeping approximately $15.4 billion in expenditure off the budget to give a false picture of the state of the Jamaican economy. There monies, Mr. Shaw said are "inescapable non -discretionary expenditure that needed to be taken on board."

daraine.luton@gleanerjm.com
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Wha yuh say Mosiah? Man whey a study fi him CAPE cyaan debate man wid PhD?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

man a yard...LOL!!!!

seriously though, omar should be one of the more quiet shadow ministers. clearly he thinks offense is the best defence. mind him mout' write a cheque whey hin behin' cya'an cash!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

A suh when me did study fi my Physics exam, yuh couldn't come talk to me!! Einstein?! Schweinstein!

Chat bout!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          man a yard...LOL!!!!

seriously though, omar should be one of the more quiet shadow ministers. clearly he thinks offense is the best defence. mind him mout' write a cheque whey hin behin' cya'an cash!!!
          Well, can you really blame Omar? When people call him the best finance minister we ever had, when Peejay claim "the P.N.P was on a clear economic path, although hampered by Crime, internal moles, and a few dregs in their midsts," when Mosiah can claim him is yet to see Omar lose a challenge or debate or something to that effect, yuh nuh thing him believe the hype?

Comment

Truss mi man ah yaad only
            ah mek mi laugh more than anything else. He is funny; got to
            give him that Audley wants a debate about managing money: I can bet if I meet him at a party I would be in stitches

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
              Finance Minister Audley Shaw has challenged Opposition Counterpart Dr. Omar Davies to a debate on fiscal management. Mr. Shaw told Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) supporters in Woodford Park, South East St. Andrew Tuesday night that Dr. Davies is a "man who have plenty chat" but promised that he would soon "clip him wing".

"You know what I did with him in the debate coming up to the general elections, and since him going on like him bad again, look like him want to tek on Man a Yard for another debate," Mr. Shaw said.

"Well, tell him to come if him want to debate in the public square anytime between now and next week Monday or Tuesday. I, Audley Shaw, otherwise known as Man a Yard, will tek him on and I will tek him out again," he added.

Clash

Mr. Shaw and Dr. Davies had clashed in a pre-general election debate and many political watchers had given Mr. Shaw victory. If this debate takes place, Mr. Shaw expects no different.

Mr. Shaw is seemingly angered by comments directed at him by Dr. Davies, the former Minister of Finance, who last week referred to his successor as an "empty shell".

However, that was not the only concern the new Finance Minister had with his predecessor. He said Dr. Davies committed "an act of deception" by keeping approximately $15.4 billion in expenditure off the budget to give a false picture of the state of the Jamaican economy. There monies, Mr. Shaw said are "inescapable non -discretionary expenditure that needed to be taken on board."

daraine.luton@gleanerjm.com
              Willi u have such a valid point when u talk about how trivial and ridiculous we get when there are people suffering and dying.

Mr Shaw shut up and just do the job people elected you for !
              Mr Davies please do like wise as well !

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post

Mr Shaw shut up and just do the job people elected you for !
                Mr Davies please do like wise as well !
                hehehe .... when last a Supplimentary Estimate was tabled in November?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                  hehehe .... when last a Supplimentary Estimate was tabled in November?
                  I have no idea, the point is the people elected him to take care of the financial matters of the country and so he must now just do his job and shut the f up.

Mr Davies was elected to represent a certain geographic area and that's what he needs to.

Talking, cussing out each other and trying to score political points happened 3 months ago now let's just do the work the people want.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
                    I have no idea, the point is the people elected him to take care of the financial matters of the country and so he must now just do his job and shut the f up.

Mr Davies was elected to represent a certain geographic area and that's what he needs to.

Talking, cussing out each other and trying to score political points happened 3 months ago now let's just do the work the people want.
                    Well, if you pay attention to people like Mosiah you'd get the impression Shaw not doing anything, except studing for his CAPE. Omar tabled his supplimentary estimates February of this year and as far as I know, its always been late. How come a man that many consider an idiot was able to do it in November?

I recall in September, many analysts were knocking him for not going to the market to raise funds for next years budget ... Ralston Hyman was knocking him on Real Business 9:00 a.m. in the morning and by the midday news it was reported on NNN that the money was raised.

Omar dem tekking shots at him, if him continue turning the other cheek you same one gonna claim him saaf!

Comment

and in the same breath after two years we will know who is the better minister as no mouth talk can't help that, statistics will tell.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                      X