Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JC Fourth former stabbed on school campus

two others arrested in connection with the killing

RJR's unofficial stats show that 14 people were killed between Friday evening and Monday morning across the island
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Very, very sad.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Ruel Reid, the principal, is a friend of mine, but I have found his response a little cold. The "angel" comment was not necessary at this time.

JC student stabbed to death

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

GOLDING. said to be a troubled student
      A 15-year-old student was yesterday stabbed to death by another student at Jamaica College (JC), a prestigious all-boys school in Kingston.

The dead teenager was identified as Hartimon Golding, a fourth former.

According to the police, shortly after 11:00 yesterday morning Golding and another student were involved in an altercation during which a knife was used to stab Golding in the abdomen. He was taken to hospital where he died from his injuries. Classes were suspended for the rest of the day.
      The police said yesterday that two JC students believed to be involved in the incident were taken into custody.

Yesterday, JC principal, Ruel Reid, described the youngster's death as unfortunate. "We are really saddened by his death but Golding was not an angel," Reid said, while displaying a collection of suspension letters that were issued to the boy's parents earlier this year.

"We have spent a lot of money trying to get him on the right track in terms of counselling but he was certainly not one of the best behaving students," Reid told the Observer.

According to the principal, the feud started last Friday at a bus stop when another student of the school threw a firecracker at Golding's cousin who attends the Mona High School. Golding, Reid said, accosted the student at the school yesterday and started the fight that resulted in him being killed.

"According to the reports I received, another student gave the knife to the attacker which was used to stab him," the principal said.

A student who said he witnessed the incident, said: "After him get the stab he ran up to the nurse's office; them rap bandages around his belly but the bandage was soaked with blood cause him did a bleed heavy.

"Little bit after them carry him to hospital and then we hear the news that he died," said the student.

Teachers and students who had gathered in the school yard after the fatal stabbing were in a sombre mood as the police and members of the media tried to get information about the tragic incident.

One student, who described Golding as a troubled but recovering student, said he was getting counselling and had just graduated from the Success Programme which is geared at helping troubled students.

"It really sad to hear that he died, that could have been one of us," the youngster added.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Agree with you Mosiah. Even if the deceased was a devil, that don't give another student the right to take his life. SAD.

When we going to start teaching Conflict Resolution
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

What happening to our high schools??

Just last week gummen shot up StGC!

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
            What happening to our high schools??

Just last week gummen shot up StGC!
            The man neva 'shot up StGC'. It was at the back of the school and away from the students and classrooms where the incident took place.

Anyway it sound like the JC principal under the quiet sound like the youth deserve what him get.

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
              When we going to start teaching Conflict Resolution
              That has been in place for a while. There is a program called PALS (Peace and Love in Schools).

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by DiGlor View Post
                The man neva 'shot up StGC'. It was at the back of the school and away from the students and classrooms where the incident took place.

Anyway it sound like the JC principal under the quiet sound like the youth deserve what him get.
                I know, but the panic by the students was the same. Indeed, the initial response was chaos and some thought that it was a shoot out!

Like Yuh, I am a Georgian, so i am not best pleased.

Comment

mosiah... i find too many of our authority figures lacking in appropriateness...

that was a grave (no pun), callous, inappropriate and unfortunate response by the principal of jc... as the leader, he has set the tone for other callous and inappropriate responses to the tragedy...

that remark is unbecoming of a leader charged with the responsibility of positively impacting the lives of young men... it appears as if he is condoning the action of his student that committed this serious crime...
                  'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

dem neva shot up stgc but just the fact that these idiots couldn't give consideration to fact that they were on school premises boggles the mind... iz wha come ova dem people deh...

the JC principal under the quiet sound like the youth deserve what him get.

i could not respect that principal... his judgement is questionable... whether the youth is a mischief maker, that gives the other student no right to use a knife on campus...
                    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

and like I said, I know him, and would never have expected such a comment from him. He was very polished as JTA president, always choosing the right words, like any American politician. And before he held these big positions I always felt that he chose his words carefully, if not too carefully.

The sadder part is, I don't believe the wider population feels the way we do. Haven't heard anyone mention anything. Actually, someone may have. I got the gist of someone finding a problem with what he said on a radio show, but I didn't hear the entire complaint.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I dont think he is condoning the action of the killer. However, he seems to be attributing some blame to the victim. perhaps he knows more than we do, but that does not excuse the statement.

Like you, I agree the history of the victim should not have been brought up at this time. Stabbing in school is NEVER acceptable under any circumstance.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                          I dont think he is condoning the action of the killer. However, he seems to be attributing some blame to the victim. perhaps he knows more than we do, but that does not excuse the statement.

Like you, I agree the history of the victim should not have been brought up at this time. Stabbing in school is NEVER acceptable under any circumstance.
                          Him started sounding like Bulliani/Guliani
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Don't get me started! Yet he is about to become the Republican choice for president! And HL a talk bout how Jamaicans can't select good leaders.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Nuh worry my crystal ball seh that Mr. G going nowhere near the White House. Him fren Klerik (sp) in nuff trouble, and who knows what keys he holds to doors of skeletons..and we NYorkers nuh really like him
                              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                              X