Yesterday I felt the shame that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday I felt the shame that

some one else described: It so happened that I met with some one who came up from Ja. This person is a labourite and look forward to seeing me to talk politics and have a laugh (they say I'm funny). One person said he was ashamed of the results of the last general election and that it was a disgrace for Ja on the INT'L scene. I asked why? He said for some one to win by just saying I will give you free this and free that, we have should the world that we are bunch of idiots. My labourite friend began to argue, but the person stopped and said " mi breddah a country cyaan read an ah him a run behind dem ah talk bout yes Jlp because him believe tings ah go free.

I feel sad and now ashamed when I see how our voting system works. We still keep many of our people illiterate in order to exploit them. The times are changing and JA will pay for this. I can't believe that this guy was quoting Bruce saying that "no one has to be poor" ofcourse because this is semantics. Bruce did not say he will take you out of poverty, he just said no has to be poor. BTW the master teacher said the "poor will always be".

Ja is what it is and won't change. The people are happy living in a slavery society.

Is this an act ?

It has to be.

Comment

Act, you would be surprised at the
      people I know. No secret nuh deh ah yaad. Mi even get fi know bout certain ones wha nuh like Nanny p. my yute nuff politician is just phone call away if mi really waan link dem (even Brucie ah joke mi mek nuh tek mi serious. Mi nuh know nuhbaddy.

Comment

it ain't who youknow..it's who knows you!

how was election run last election any different than it was ever run? it neva concerned you before?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Jawge only plays 2 characters, choose one:

1) Jawge the self-sufficient cave-dweller who ran away from the plantation and the buck-shuffling slaves who refuse to give up their occasonal shank of pork on Sundays.

2) Jawge the US-educated intellectual who discusses thermo-dynamics and aeronautical engineering with similarly US-educated peers. Anyone educated in any other system belongs lower on the food chain.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
            ...nuh tek mi serious..

Nuh worry yuhself bout that. Welcome aboard.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

and thank God nobody knows
              me.

Comment

I was only discussing the philosophical
                side of thermo. I s wha mi do yuh boss? WOW!

Comment

you do yourself a disservice....many people know yuh as a baller from hs school days, yuh figget?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Only the philosophical side! Rhatid me neva even know it have different sides!

No offense meant boss. Is just that most of your non-football posts fall into one of those 2 forum "personalities". Many forumites have multiple personalities. Shatta have about 6.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

yeah bout how will dat help INT'L ball?
                      When di Brasilian coach of a college here saw me play. he made a statement as to say my skills came from street ball. I didn't know what he was saying until the Prof came to Ja and began to study ball.

Where did you ever hear that I said everyone knows me as a big ball from high school? Do you have it archived? Boss easy yuhself man cause ah donkey years mi leff high school. Gwaan ah Mobay go ask bout di place if it interest you dat much.

Comment

so how much you haff?

BTW most subjects in science have a philosophical side to it. agree?

Comment

"do youhave that archived".....classic! jawge. yuh NEVA once yet let mi down!!!

Comment

I suppose so. But when you say you was only discussing the philosophical side of thermodynamics you gone way over my head. As opposed to what, the technical side?

Anyway, I was just trying to illustrate that you sometimes bring up topics that are only discussed casually at monthly MENSA meetings, while other times you come from a totally different angle with the slave/plantation analogies.

Comment

yuh can always tell when him eavesdropping on the MENSA meetings!!

Comment

Working...
                              X